This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Song by Shreya Ghoshal & Uday Mazumdar|
|from the album 'Guru'|
|Producer(s)||A. R. Rahman|
"Barso Re" is a song from soundtrack of the 2007 Indian Hindi biographical film Guru, directed by Mani Ratnam. The song was composed by A. R. Rahman with lyrics provided by Gulzar and sung by Shreya Ghoshal, featuring Uday Mazumdar. The song was well received, with Shreya Ghoshal receiving many accolades.
The video of the song is shot in Kerala where the opening scene of majestic Athirapilly waterfalls is shown and at the villages of Karnataka, the Rayagopura at Melukote temple, the and a few more. According to some sources, the majority of rain used in the song is natural as it was monsoon season, hence little artificial rain was needed.
The dance in the video was choreographed by Saroj Khan, for which she won her eighth Filmfare Best Choreography Award. The dance shows Sujata dancing like one would when it rains. Aishwarya is also seen dancing atop a large rock with water below, amidst the thunderstorm.
Star Screen Awards
Zee Cine Awards
- Satyajit. "Music Review: Guru". Glamsham. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- "Guru Music Review". One Dimensional. 17 November 2006. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- "Official Video of song Barso Re". YouTube.
- "Filmfare Awards 2008". Awards&Shows. Retrieved 25 May 2016.
- "Winners of Star Screen Awards 2008". Awards & Shows. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- "IIFA Through the Years – IIFA 2008 : Bangkok, Thailand". IIFA.com. Archived from the original on 3 July 2014. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- "Winners of Zee Cine Awards 2008". Awards & Shows. Retrieved 5 July 2016.