This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Elevation||67 m (220 ft)|
|• Main||Maithili Hindi Surjapuri & Bengali|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-BR|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Katihar|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Barsoi|
Barsoi is a town and nagar panchayat and serves headquarters of a subdivision in Katihar district in the state of Bihar, India. It is an important railway junction under Katihar division Northeast Frontier Railway zone of Indian Railways.
Barsoi Junction connects four routes as in the north Siliguri Junction on broad gauge and New Jalpaiguri Junction on broad gauge, on broad gauges Radhikapur near Bangladesh border on east and Katihar Junction on west and on south Kumedpur Junction, Kolkata.
Surjapuri is the main language spoken in Barsoi. Hindi, Bengali and Surjapuri are other languages of Barsoi. Movies are shot in the Shurjapuri language.
Barsoi subdivision is divided into four community development blocks: Ka-dwa, Azamnagar, Barsoi and Balrampur.
The Barsoi subdivision is spread in around 1450 km square area. The climate of Barsoi has great diversity with high rainfall, mainly in the months of June to September. Minimum temperature in winter is around 10 °C, and maximum temperature in summer is around 42 °C.
The subdivision headquarters is at the primacy of town Barsoi Bazar.
Barsoi railway station is 4 km from subdivision headquarters.
- R.D.S. College, Salmari
- B.D. College, Barsoi
- Balrampur College, Balrampur
- M Reza University
- High School, Barsoi
- Project Girl's high School, Barsoi
- Middle School, Imadpur
- High School, Abadpur
- High School, Lagua
- High School, Molanapur
- High School, Salmari
- Kanya madhya vidyalaya
- Primary School, Dakaitpuja
- Middle School, Bhag Barsoi
- Middle School, Abadpur
- Little Flower Academy, Barsoi
- High School Khurial
- High School+2 Sudhani
- Middle School Sudhani
- High School B.Balrampur
- Sir Syed public school, Barsoi Bazaar
- Children's Paradise School, Nimtala Chowk
- Sun rise School, Barsoi
- Ehsan Public School, Kalidaspur Via Barsoi Katihar
- Pioneer Public School
- New Public School, Bhudi Maa Sthan
- Simna Public School salmari
- K.G.N. Public School Salmari
- ITRC & Shaan Skills & Technologies Pvt.Ltd.Opp. Central Bank Of India, Station Road Barsoi
- New Career Public School, Budhi Maa Sthan, Barsoi Bazaar
- Barsoi (Vidhan Sabha constituency) in 2015 Mahboob Alam, CPI ML defeated BJP candidate by a margin of 22000 votes. Dulalchand Goswami, minister came third.
- Dr. Akbarul Hassan Faizee a resident of Mathurapur village of Barsoi Constituency have completed his M. Phil and PhD degrees from the Academy of International Studies, Jamia Millia Islamia , New Delhi.
- Dr. Akbarul Hassan Faizee a resident of Mathurapur village of Barsoi Constituency have Post Graduated in Sociology from AMU (Central University), Master in Human Recourse Management from Annamalai University, Master in NGO Management from Annamalai University, M. Phil (CW) from Delhi School of Economics, M. Phil in International Studies from Jamia Millia Islamia (Central University), and PhD in International Studies from Jamia Millia Islamia (Central University), New Delhi.
- Mohd Ejaz Akhtar is a research scholar at the Centre for West Asian Studies, Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi. Basically he belongs to a village of the Bihar state, Kaldaspur, via Barsoi.He has completed M A in IS from Hamdard University and M.Phil from Jamia Millia Islamia. currently, he is working as research associate in Jamia Millia. He has dimensional quality and knows several languages such as Arabic, English, Urdu, Persian and Malayalam etc. His keen interest is to serve in education and social work. He has been actively doing social work since the last one decade. This is good news for Simanchal region that Mr Ejaz Akhtar has been appointed as the vice president of Janhit Prakash Sewa Samiti(all India registered NGO). He is working on the project of social work and welfare in north east region especially in Simanchal region.
Resident of barsoi and choundi
|This article related to a location in Bihar is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|