This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Bartholomew Broadbent (born 11 January 1962) is an expert in wine, especially on Port and Madeira. He is the son of the wine critic Michael Broadbent.
He was listed as # 48 in the 2013 Into Wine 100 Most Influential People in the US Wine Industry. Decanter magazine named him one of the “fifty most influential in the wine world…the faces to watch in the new millennium” in 1997. Wine & Spirits magazine named him one of ten in the world to be “driving the most revolutionary changes in wine” in 2008. His company Broadbent Selections Inc was nominated one of the top five wine importers by Wine Enthusiast magazine in 2005. He was made a Cavaleiro of the Confraria do Vinho do Porto in 1989 and is a past Director of Steven Spurrier’s L’Academie du Vin and a founder of L’Academie du Vin in Toronto.
Broadbent produces, under the Broadbent label and through his company Broadbent Selections, a variety of wines which include Port and Vinho Verde in Portugal, Malbec in Argentina and Gruner Veltliner in Austria as well as a selection of Madeiras. He is the largest importer of Madeira into North America.
Broadbent set up the Dragon's Hollow in China's northern-central Ningxia Hui region which is the first internationally focused winery in China, and in South Africa he launched Vilafonte which was the first South African-American partnership in wine-making.
Broadbent is the Into Wine resident wine expert, and a regular contributor to their web TV channel and the “Wine Guy” on the San Francisco based radio station KFOG.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-04-06. Retrieved 2013-03-10.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link) Somelier Journal January 15, 2013 Json Tesauro and Phineas Mollod 'Madeira: The Wine of Patience'
- San Francisco Chronicle Feb 15 1989
-  Forbes magazine February 2009 "In Depth: Bartholomew Broadbent's Low-Alcohol Wine Picks"
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-10-30. Retrieved 2013-03-10.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)"First Virginia Wine Summit: the “Judgment of Virginia” Affirms World-Class Nature of Top Virginia Wines" www.richardleahy.com October 2nd 2012
-  The Richmond Times Despatch October 28, 2012 "Vines and Wines: Virginia Wine Summit a success"
-  "Wine Alcohol Levels" Into Wine TV You Tube
-  "Alcohol Levels and Wine" Grape Radio Podcast June 29, 2009
-  "The importance of alcohol" jancisrobinson.com August 18, 2011
-  Michael Cervin "The IntoWine.com 2nd Annual “Top 100 Most Influential People in the U.S. Wine Industry – 2013" www.intowine.com retrieved March 10, 2013
- Decanter Magazine June 1997 Jonathan Goodall “The 50 Faces to Watch”
-  "About Bartholomew Broadbent" IntoWine.com March 30, 2008