Bartholomew School Eynsham
Bartholomew School is a secondary school with academy status which is situated in the village of Eynsham, West Oxfordshire, England. In the 2016/17 school year there were 1221 pupils on roll, 120 of whom are in the sixth form. The school's current headteacher is Craig Thomas . Bartholomew School is one of the highest achieving state-owned schools in GCSE and A-Levels in Oxfordshire.
Bartholomew School was founded in the 18th century by John Bartholomew when a subscription of £87 was given to him to finance the "Bartholomew room". The school remained there until 1847 where it was moved to its present site on Witney Road. In 1958 the school was expanded, and by 1968 it became a comprehensive secondary school for 11- to 18-year-olds. In 2003, the school became a Technology College where Design and Technology is made compulsory for GCSE. At the start of the 2007/08 school year, the recently refurbished sports hall was opened for use in partnership with Windrush Leisure Limited. The school became an academy in August 2012.
The current houses are Churchill, Morris, Mason and Harcourt.
- Ben Perrier and Ben Thomas, members of music group Winnebago Deal
- "Bartholomew School". Find and compare schools in England. GOV.UK. Retrieved 6 February 2018.
- Department for Education and Skills on Bartholomew School
- A P Baggs; W J Blair; Eleanor Chance; Christina Colvin; Janet Cooper; C J Day; Nesta Selwyn; S C Townley (1990). Alan Crossley; C R Elrington, eds. A History of the County of Oxford: Volume 12: Wootton Hundred (South) including Woodstock. 12. Victoria County History of the Counties of England. pp. 155–156. ISBN 0-19-722774-0. Retrieved 2008-04-13.
- Richards, Donald S (1991). "Thomas Symonds and the Charity School" (PDF). The Eynsham Record. Eynsham, Oxfordshire (8): 24. ISSN 0265-6779. Retrieved 2008-04-13.
the Charity (or Free) School, founded by John Bartholomew
- Bartholomew School Site
- Wycombe Leisure Limited sports facilities in the West Oxfordshire District
- "Bartholomew School". Ofsted. Ofsted. Retrieved 6 February 2018.
- Eynsham Record 1991 is now at http://eynsham-pc.gov.uk/documents/eynsham_record_1991.pdf