Barton is an unincorporated community in southern Colerain Township, Belmont County, Ohio, United States, along Wheeling Creek. Although it is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 43905.
A post office called Barton has been in operation since 1880. Barton was platted in 1905, and named after Abner Barton, the original owner of the land. Baron was originally a mining community.
- Johnny Pramesa, baseball player
- Ohio Atlas & Gazetteer. Yarmouth, Me.: DeLorme. 1991. pp. 62–63. ISBN 0-89933-233-1.
- Zip Code Lookup Archived October 8, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Belmont County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 2 January 2016.
- Overman, William Daniel (1958). Ohio Town Names. Akron, OH: Atlantic Press. p. 9.
- McKelvey, A. T. (1903). Centennial History of Belmont County, Ohio, and Representative Citizens. Biographical Publishing Company. p. 157.
|This Belmont County, Ohio state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|