Saint Lawrence's church
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
Barton is a linear village and civil parish in the City of Preston, Lancashire, England. The parish had a population of 1,150, of whom 552 were male and 598 were female, according to the 2011 census.
The village is about 6 miles (10 km) north of Preston. The parish is bound by the A6 road to the west. A bridge carries the A6 over the West Coast Main Line railway north of the village hall. The M6 motorway also passes through the parish, splitting the village, west of the motorway, from the rest of the parish.
- UK Census (2011). "Local Area Report – Barton Parish (E04005234)". Nomis. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 27 May 2019.
- Church of St Lawrence, Barton, Archiseek, retrieved February 2011
- "Knill Freeman". Archived from the original on 29 June 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2014.
- "Church of Saint Lawrence - Barton - Lancashire - England". British Listed Buildings.
- "Fellside Team Ministry - Saint Lawrence (Barton)". Archived from the original on 18 October 2014.
- Preston RD, Vision of Britain, accessed 9 June 2014
"6 miles to Preston milestone
Media related to Barton, Preston at Wikimedia Commons