Barton, West Lancashire
Barton is a small village in the county of Lancashire, England. It is situated approximately 4 miles (6 km) west from Ormskirk, and less than 1 mile (2 km) west from the A5147 road. Barton sits on the West Lancashire Coastal Plain, and is 5 miles (8 km) from the Irish Sea coast. The village lies within the civil parish of Downholland.
- Downholland Parish Council, Retrieved 9 July 2014
- William Farrer & J. Brownbill (editors) (1907). "Townships: Downholland". A History of the County of Lancaster: Volume 3. Institute of Historical Research. Retrieved 9 July 2014.CS1 maint: Extra text: authors list (link)
- "Barton", Open Domesday, University of Hull. Retrieved 18 November 2014
- Gell, Rob (1986). An Illustrated Survey of Railway Stations Between Southport & Liverpool 1848-1986. Heyday Publishing Company. ISBN 0-947562-04-4.
- Media related to Barton, West Lancashire at Wikimedia Commons
|This Lancashire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|