Barton Township, Gibson County, Indiana
Location in Gibson County
|School District||East Gibson School Corporation|
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Trustee||Wilma Miley|
|• Total||49.38 sq mi (127.9 km2)|
|• Land||49.17 sq mi (127.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.5 km2)|
|Elevation||430 ft (131 m)|
|• Density||34.1/sq mi (13.2/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||47646, 47654, 47683|
|GNIS feature ID||453097|
Barton Township was organized in 1843.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 49.38 square miles (127.9 km2), of which 49.17 square miles (127.3 km2) (or 99.57%) is land and 0.2 square miles (0.52 km2) (or 0.41%) is water.
Cities and towns
- Columbia Township (north)
- Johnson Township (southwest)
- Union Township (west)
- Center Township (northwest)
- Monroe Township (east)
The township contains seven cemeteries: Albright, Eden, Kilpatrick, Providence, St John's, Somerville and Townsley.
Barton Township is part of the East Gibson School Corporation.
- Barton Township School - Mackey
- "Barton Township, Gibson County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files[permanent dead link]
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Stormont, Gil R. (1914). History of Gibson County, Indiana: Her People, Industries and Institutions. B.F. Bowen. p. 356.
|This Gibson County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|