4 November 1977
|Occupation||Author, Journalist, Essayist. Cartoonist|
|Subject||Fiction, Spirituality, Theology, Politics|
Barun Roy (born 4 November 1977) is an Indian author, journalist and blogger. He was educated at Darjeeling and Chennai. The first book authored by Roy was Portraits of Life, a collection of short stories. 'Nafisha', the first story in this book, later inspired a Bollywood blockbuster Yahaan. Other books authored by Roy include Beginners Guide to Journalism, Slim and Smart Body, Vedas, Revisited and Fallen Cicada - Unwritten History of Darjeeling Hills. A dedicated journalist, Roy founded Beacon, a monthly English news magazine published from Darjeeling, West Bengal. Beacon, now The Himalayan Beacon is a popular magazine with a large base in Darjeeling Hills.
Books authored by Barun Roy
- Portraits of Life
- Words, Just Words
- Beginners Guide to Journalism
- Slim & Smart Body
- Vedas, Revisited
- Fallen Cicada - Unwritten History of Darjeeling Hills
- Modern Student Journalism
- Enter The World of Mass Media
- Gorkhas and Gorkhaland
- "Beginners Guide to Journalism"
- "Slim & Smart Body"
- Beginner's Guide at Amazon website
- Pustak Mahal
- Pointer Publishers
- The Himalayan Beacon - News, Views and Insights from Gorkhas world over
- Gorkhapedia - The Free Online Gorkha Encyclopedia that anyone can edit
|This Indian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|