|Member of the European Parliament|
13 June 1999
25 October 1946
Ridderkerk, South Holland, Netherlands
|Political party|| Dutch
Reformed Political Party
|Alma mater||Utrecht University|
Bastiaan (Bas) Belder (born 25 October 1946) is an Dutch politician and Member of the European Parliament (MEP) from the Netherlands. He is a member of the SGP, part of the European Conservatives and Reformists.
Furthermore he is vice-chairman of the delegation for the relations between the European Parliament and Israel and he is chairman of the European Parliament Working Group on Human Dignity.
- 1969–1984: Secondary school teacher (Rotterdam)
- 1984–1999: Foreign editor/commentator Reformatorisch Dagblad (Apeldoorn)
- 1999–: Member of the European Parliament
- 1999–2004: First Chairman of the Delegation for relations with the United States
- 2009–2014: Chairman of the Delegation for the relations with Israel
- 2014–: Vice-Chairman of the Delegation for the relations with Israel
Bas Belder is married with three children. He is a member of the Protestant Church in the Netherlands (PKN).
- European Parliament election, 1999 (Netherlands)
- European Parliament election, 2004 (Netherlands)
- European Parliament election, 2009 (Netherlands)
- European Parliament election, 2014 (Netherlands)
- (Dutch) Parlement.com biography
- Personal profile of Bas Belder in the European Parliament's database of members
- Declaration (PDF) of financial interests (Dutch)
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from the Netherlands is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|