Bas Kuipers in 2018
|Full name||Bas Edo Kuipers|
|Date of birth||17 August 1994|
|Place of birth||Amsterdam, Netherlands|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Playing position||Left back|
|ADO Den Haag|
|2013–2014||→ Jong Ajax||26||(1)|
|2014–2015||→ Excelsior (loan)||30||(0)|
|2017–||ADO Den Haag||4||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 24 June 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 19:00, 11 September 2015 (UTC)~
Born in Amsterdam, Kuipers was recruited into the youth academy of AFC Ajax in 2001 after having been discovered during the club's annual Talentendagen (Talent days) where young kids can come play football at Ajax for a chance to join the club's acclaimed youth academy. He joined the F1 Pupils selection at first from where he has advanced through every possible stage of the club's youth system. On 15 March 2013, Kuipers signed his first professional contract with Ajax, signing a 2-year deal binding him to the club until 30 June 2015. Kuipers participated in the club's training camp during the pre-season, where he appeared in two friendly matches for the first team, namely against RKC Waalwijk on 13 July 2013, coming on in the 63' minute in the 1–5 victory at the Mandemakers Stadion, while also making an appearance in the pre-season friendly match in the 63' minute against De Graafschap which ended in a 0–3 victory on the same day.
The start of the 2013–14 season saw Kuipers beginning with the reserves team Jong Ajax who had recently been promoted to the Dutch Eerste Divisie, the 2nd tier of professional football in the Netherlands, having previously played in the Beloften Eredivisie. On 30 August 2013 Kuipers made his professional debut for the reserves team in a home match against Jong Twente. The match ended in a 2–1 victory for the Amsterdammers. On 8 September 2013, Kuipers wore the captains arm band for the first time for Jong Ajax in the away match against Achilles '29, which ended in a 2–1 loss.
on 4 August 2014 it was announced that Kuipers would join Excelsior from Rotterdam on a one-year loan deal. He made his first appearance for Excelsior on 2 November 2014 in a 3–3 draw against AZ in Alkmaar. Following a successful season with Excelsior where he made 30 regular season appearances, Kuipers then made a permanent transfer in the Summer of 2015, signing a 2-year contract.
Kuipers made his debut for the Dutch national team playing for the under-16 selection in their 2009 appearance in the 11th Tournoi Val de Marne in Paris, France. His first appearance was on 29 October 2009 in a 1–2 loss against Spain U-16. Two days later he appeared in the 0–2 victory over Italy U-16 however failing to help his side secure advancement to the next round of the tournament. Two months later he appeared in the Nike International friendlies tournament '09 in Phoenix, Arizona playing in two fixtures, namely against Portugal U-16 on 5 December 2012, which ended in a 2–1 win, and against the United States U-16 which resulted in a 0–3 victory for the Dutch. His final two appearances for the under-16 squad were at the Albufeira 4 nations tournament in Portugal where his side would face Italy U-16 and Ireland U-16 losing the first match 1–3, while securing the 3–1 win in the following fixture. He received his first call up for the Netherlands U-17 appearing in a friendly match against Germany U-17 on 15 September 2010 in game which ended in a 2–1 loss for the Netherlands.
- As of 2015-12-29
2 Includes Johan Cruijff Shield and Play-off matches.
- Reserves performance
|2013–14||Jong Ajax||Jupiler League||26||1||26||1|
- "Bas Kuipers profile". Soccerway.com. 11 August 2013. Retrieved 11 August 2013.
- "Kuipers: 'Ajax de club waar je wil spelen'". Ajax Showtime. 19 March 2013. Retrieved 9 October 2013.
- "Ajax contracteert jeugdspelers". Ajax.nl. 15 March 2013. Retrieved 9 October 2013.
- "Kuipers: 'Podium om jezelf te laten zien'". Ajax Showtime. 7 June 2013. Retrieved 9 October 2013.
- "Jong Ajax 2 - 1 Jong Twente". Soccerway. 30 August 2013. Retrieved 9 October 2013.
- "Uitgekleed Jong Ajax over de knie bij Groesbeekse ex-amateurs". Voetbalzone.nl. 8 September 2013. Retrieved 9 October 2013.
- "Kuipers verhuurd aan Excelsior". Ajax Showtime. 4 August 2014. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- "Kuipers tekent voor twee jaar bij Excelsior". Ajax Showtime. 20 June 2015. Retrieved 20 June 2015.
- "Tournoi du Val-de-Marne U-16 (France)". RSSSF. 25 March 2012. Retrieved 9 October 2013.
- "Development Academy Winter Showcase and Nike International Friendlies Open Friday in Phoenix". U.S. Soccer.com. 3 December 2009. Retrieved 9 October 2013.
- "Albufeira 4 Nations Tournament 2010". Soccer Repository. 3 December 2009. Retrieved 9 October 2013.
- "Nieuw O-17 verliest in Duitsland". OnsOranje. 15 September 2010. Archived from the original on 10 June 2015. Retrieved 9 October 2013.
- "Ajax legt zeven talenten vast". Ajax Showtime. 15 March 2013. Retrieved 9 October 2013.
- "Bas Kuipers Statistics". Soccerway. Retrieved 9 October 2013.