|Look up basal in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Basal or basilar is a term meaning base, bottom, or minimum.
- Basal (anatomy), an anatomical term of location for features associated with the base of an organism or structure
- Basal (medicine), a minimal level that is necessary for health or life, such as a minimum insulin dose
- Basal (phylogenetics), a sister group relationship in a phylogenetic tree
- Basal plate (disambiguation)
- Basal sliding, the act of a glacier sliding over the bed before it due to meltwater increasing the water pressure underneath the glacier causing it to be lifted from its bed.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Basal.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.