|Awarded for||Awarded for contributions towards social reform and social change|
|Sponsored by||Government of Karnataka|
|First winner||Saraswathi Gora|
Basava Puraskara is an award conferred by the Government of Karnataka. The award is presented on the basis of an individuals contribution for social reforms and social change and work for bringing about religious harmony.
The Basava Puraskara is a national award. The award comprises Rs. 1 million, a memento and a citation.
|2000||Saraswathi Gora||Social worker, co-founder of the Atheist Centre|||
|2001||H. Narasimhaiah||Independence activist, physicist|||
|2002||Puttaraj Gawai||Social worker, musician|
|2003||S. G. Susheelamma||Social worker, President of Sumangali Seva Ashram|
|2005||L. Basavaraju||Professor, writer|||
|2006||A. P. J. Abdul Kalam||Scientist, former President of India|||
|2007||Shivakumara Swami||Pontiff of the Siddaganga Matha, founder of the Sri Siddaganga Education Society|||
|2008||Vijaya Mahantappa Swami||Pontiff of Chittaragi Sri Vijaya Mahantheshwara Math, Ilkal|||
|2010||Javare Gowda||Writer, educationist|||
|2011||Medha Patkar||Activist; refused the award|||
|2013||U. R. Ananthamurthy||Writer, activist|||
Medha Patkar was awarded this prestigious award in 2010 for excellence in service in the social sector, which she later rejected citing Karnataka government's inability to take action on the mining scam and resolve the Lokayukta controversy.
2014 veerabadra channamalla swamiji
2017 patil puttappa
- "Saraswathi Gora selected for Basava Puraskar". The Hindu.com. Hindu. Retrieved 2 November 2008.
- "Basava Award presentation tomorrow". The Hindu.com. Hindu. Retrieved 2 November 2008.
- "Basava Puraskar 2005 given away to Basavaraju". The Hindu.com. Chennai, India: Hindu. 1 May 2006. Archived from the original on 27 September 2008. Retrieved 2 November 2008.
- "Basava Award for Kalam". The Hindu.com. Chennai, India: Hindu. 25 August 2007. Retrieved 2 November 2008.
- "Basava Puraskar for Siddaganga swami". The Hindu.com. Chennai, India: Hindu. 1 October 2008. Archived from the original on 4 October 2008. Retrieved 2 November 2008.
- "Basava Puraskar Award". The Hindu. 22 July 2012. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- "Medha Patkar declines Basava Award". The Hindu. 9 February 2012. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- "Award for Ananthamurthy". The Hindu. 7 January 2014. Retrieved 29 April 2017.