From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up bascule in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Bascule may refer to:
- A Bascule bridge, a moveable bridge with a counterweight that continuously balances the span, or "leaf," throughout the entire upward swing in providing clearance for boat traffic. Bascule is a French term for seesaw and balance, and bascule bridges operate along the same principle
- Bascule (horse), or roundness over a jump, of a horse
- Originally, a form of torture. The victim is bound to a seesaw-like device with the buttocks outward, and repeatedly lifted and dropped.
- A bascule lock, an antiquated, counterbalanced door lock.
- A Teeterboard, a circus-apparatus
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Bascule.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.