A message view, seen within Basecamp Classic
February 5, 2004New version on March 9, 2012
Basecamp is a web-based project-management tool developed by Basecamp and launched in 2004. A new version was launched in 2012. The Ruby on Rails framework was extracted from the Basecamp project. There is a 60-day free trial and since 2014 is free for teachers.
Basecamp offers to-do lists, wiki-style web-based text documents, milestone management, file sharing, time tracking, and a messaging system. Basecamp Classic also offers integration with Basecamp's own Campfire product, and features APIs that are used by a host of web and mobile apps.
Basecamp Classic's interface is available in different languages (e.g. Spanish, French, Italian, German, Finnish and Japanese). The newer version of Basecamp currently only supports English as the interface language. Basecamp Classic is also available in the App Store in iTunes and in Google Play.
- Basecamp Classic, the version launched in 2004.
- Basecamp (also called "the new Basecamp"), the version launched in 2012.
- Basecamp Personal, a reduction of the 2012 version.
- Basecamp Breeze, a mailing list service.
- Fried, Jason (2012-03-06). "Launch: The all new Basecamp". Basecamp. Retrieved 2007-07-13.
- http://smallbiztrends.com/2013/02/basecamp-mobile-app.html Basecamp Launches Its First Mobile App to Help You Manage Projects Feb 13, 2013 by Annie Pilon In Technology Trends 3
- Grimmer, Lenz (February 2006). "Interview with David Heinemeier Hansson from Ruby on Rails". MySQL AB. Retrieved 2007-07-13.
- "Subscribe to Basecamp today". Retrieved 22 April 2014.
- "Teachers get Basecamp for free". Basecamp. Retrieved 22 April 2014.
- Strategic Data-Based Wisdom in the Big Data Era edited by Girard, John
- "Basecamp for iPhone".
- "Basecamp for Android".
|This business software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|