Basel Computational Biology Conference
|Basel Computational Biology Conference|
|Begins||12 September 2017|
|Ends||15 September 2017|
|Venue||MCH Congress Center Basel|
|Founder||Torsten Schwede and Manuel Peitsch|
|Organised by||SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics|
|People||Keynotes by Alexander Borst, Max Planck Institute of Neurobiology, Martinsried, Germany; Robert Gentleman, 23andMe, San Francisco, USA; Nuria Lopez-Bigas, University Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain; Leonid Mirny, MIT, Cambridge (MA), USA; Lior Pachter, University of California, Berkeley, USA; Mihaela Zavolan, Biozentrum, University of Basel, Switzerland|
The Basel Computational Biology Conference (stylized as [BC]2) is a scientific meeting on the subjects of bioinformatics and computational biology. It covers a wide spectrum of disciplines, including bioinformatics, computational biology, genomics, computational structural biology, and systems biology. The conference is organized biannually by the SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics in Basel, Switzerland. The next edition will take place 12–15 September 2017 at the Congress Center Basel.
List of previous conferences
- 2015 [BC]2 Basel Computational Biology Conference.
- 2013 "Genetic Variation + Human Health"
- 2012 "ECCB'12, 11th European Conference on Computational Biology" in association with the 10th Basel Computational Biology conference.
- 2011 "Multiscale Modeling"
- 2010 "Regulation & Control in Biological Systems"
- 2009 "Molecular Evolution"
- 2008 "Computational Structural Biology"
- 2007 "From Euler to Computational Biology" in association with USGEB
- 2006 "Comparative Genomics"
- 2005 "Biological Systems In Silico"
- 2004 "From Information to Simulation"
- 2003 "Life Sciences Meet IT"