|Written by||Zanjabeel Asim|
|Directed by||Syed Ali Raza Usama|
|Starring||Faisal Qureshi (actor)
|Theme music composer||Waqar Ali|
|Opening theme||"Man Moji" by
Nida Arab and Abu Muhammad
|Composer(s)||Mohsin Allah Ditta|
|Country of origin||Pakistan|
|No. of episodes||31 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Asif Raza Mir
|Camera setup||Multi-camera setup|
|Running time||37 - 38 minutes|
|Production company(s)||A&B Entertainment|
|Original channel||Geo Entertainment|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital 5.1|
|First shown in||Pakistan|
|Original release||14 March 2014– 8 November 2014|
|A & B Entertainment|
Bashar Momin (referred as BM) (Urdu: بشر مومن) is a 2014 Pakistani drama serial directed by Syed Ali Raza Usama. The serial has been written by Zanjabeel Asim and produced by Asif Raza Mir and Babar Javed under their Banner A&B Entertainment. It stars Faisal Qureshi, Sami Khan, Yasir Mazhar, Ushna Shah, Mahin Rizvi and Sundas Tariq as leads.
Bashar Momin has been extensively categorized due to its explicit genres of jealousy, love, hatred, romance and suspense.BM is the most expensive drama ever made in Pakistan. The drama was first aired on Geo Entertainment on 14 March 2014. and had its ending episode on 8 November 2014. Due to its popularity, It will soon air in India on Zindagi under the title Aks
Rudaba was an innocent girl who was engaged to her father's best friend's son Buland Bakhtiar. One day Rudaba's father and future father-in-law were on the Sea View and were accidentally died due to robbery shooting. Now Rudaba is alone in her home and she reluctantly started living with her elder brother Adil and his wife Sahira. Adil worked as a front man of his own brother-in-law and Sahira's brother Bashar Momin, who was a money launderer and was among the richest dons of the city. Bashar can do anything for his sisters especially Tayyaba, whose two engagements were failed.
Meanwhile Buland returned from America where he was an employ of the World Bank. Rudaba and Buland fell in love with each other. Unfortunately their love couldn't flourish further when Tayyaba started liking Buland and Bashar started scheming for Buland to marry Tayyaba. During all this Adil and Sahira had to leave for England immediately and thus they've to leave Rudaba in Bashar's home. Incidentally, Bashar fell in love with Rudaba.
As per Bashar's negative scheme, he started harassing Rudaba in front of Buland and Tayyaba started hanging out with Buland as a good friend. This increased doubts and envies among Rudaba and Buland's hearts for each other.
But one day a quarrel rose among Buland and Rudaba and this vanished all the misconception among them and they both reunited. However Bashar continued his evil planning which permanently bore a doubt in Buland's heart about Rudaba and Buland started thinking that Rudaba is having an affair with Bashar. Heartbroken Buland went back to America, now Rudaba came to know about this plan made by Bashar and Tayyaba. However Adil and Sahira returned from England, and Bashar asked Adil for Rudaba's hand but Adil couldn't agree for this as he wanted to fulfill his father's dying wish of marrying Rudaba with Buland. Bashar narrated Adil that Buland is not interested in Rudaba and he returned to America. As Adil works for Bashar so now he cannot disagree and reluctantly agreed for marrying Rudaba with Bashar. Meanwhile Rudaba text an e-mail to Buland about Bashar's plan but she did not got any reply and heartbroken Rudaba agreed on marrying Bashar and also because of her brother's prosperous life. However, on Rudaba's nikkah ceremony after her nikkah Buland returned and desperately went back to his home, anyhow when Tayyaba went to Buland to console him, Buland insulted and humiliated her. Heartbroken Tayyaba on her way to home had an accident and this made Bashar aggressive and he ordered Adil to go to Buland's home and to address him that it was all your decision and Tayyaba is innocent and Bahsar also ordered Sahira to convince Buland to marry Tayyaba. However, after all this Buland, in order to revenge Bashar agreed on marrying Tayyaba. On the other side Bashar still had no marital relations with Rudaba, and she was still living in her brother's home. After few months Tayyaba got pregnant with Buland's child but however Buland was not so happy and he made his routine insulting and even torturing Tayyaba in order to take revenge from Bahsar. Parallel to this in an interview Bashar declared himself as unmarried, which made Adil angry and he had a quarrel with Bashar and claimed on giving divorce to Sahira, in order to secure Sahira's marital relation with Adil, Bashar agrees on taking Rudaba to his home as his wife. However Bashar treated Rudaba harshly in order to revenge Buland who treats Tayyaba harshly.
One day Bashar's father's death anniversary was near and he promised to fulfill everyone's wishes. However, on the death anniversary Rudaba asked for a respectable life as his wife and Bashar fulfilled her wish by developing a lenient behavior with her. few days later, Rudaba got pregnant with Bashar's child but however Bashar always thought that Rudaba is like his mother who was having an affair with another man and was cheating his father and when Bashar's father came to know this he committed suicide . Which further damaged their prosperity and therefore having this doubt on Rudaba, he did not embrace his child and aborted the child but when the DNA reports confirmed that the aborted child belonged to Bashar, this bore a guilty in his heart and therefore he was unable to face Rudaba. When Buland came to know about this he protested against Bashar which resulted that Bashar was sentenced to jail also due to his past recordes. However Rudaba felt the love and guilty for her in Bashar's eyes and therefore she went to meet Bashar in jail where Bashar apologizes her and through a minister Bashar was bailed.
However Bashar also apologized to Buland and asked him to develop an embracing behavior towards Tayyaba, Buland also realized his mistake and he started living happily with Tayyaba and after few days Tayyaba gave birth to a baby girl. In the last Bashar went to his father's grave with Rudaba and promised to start a simple life.
- Bashar Momin is a rich money launder and Male protagonist, Faisal Qureshi plays the role of Bashar, who is involved in corruption and uses wrong means to earn money. He loves his two sisters and can do anything for them. The role of Bashar is kind of a tough-looking but soft-hearted businessman.
- Female protagonist and future wife of Bashar, Ushna Shah plays the role of Rudaba, who is the sister-in-law of Bashar's sister, Sahira. Rudaba is initially engaged to her father's friend's son but circumstances turn upon her when her father dies in a robbery.
- Sami Khan as Buland Bakhtyar:
- Second Male protagonist and husband of Bashar's younger sister, Tayyaba. Sami khan plays the role of Buland Bakhtiyar, who lives in America and was engaged to Rudaba but later forcibly married to Bashar's sister.
- Maheen Rizvi as Sahira:
- Sahira is the elder sister of Bashar and is the wife of Adil, brother of Rudaba. Maheen Rizvi plays the role of Sahira, who is very loudmouthed and cunning. Being in the shadow of Bashar she boasts of her wealth and tries to create differences between her husband and his sister.
- Sundus Tariq as Tayyaba:
- Tayyaba is the younger sister of Bashar, portrayed by Sundas Tariq, Tayyaba is very rude and very proud. Her two engagements have been broken due to her brother's black-affairs and business. Bashar fulfilles each demand of Tayyaba, he forces Buland to marry Tayyaba on request of his sister, otherwise Rudaba has to face the consequences of his negative response.
- Yasir Mazher as Adil:
- Yasir is the elder brother of Rudaba and husband of Bashar's elder sister, Sahira. The role of Adil is played by Yasir Mazher who rose to stardom after his serial Aun Zara. Adil is a henpecked husband and favors Bashar in every matter.
- Mariyam Khalif as Pareezah:
- She is the only child of Adil and Sahira, played by Maryum, a child artist.
- Anwar Iqbal as Bakhtiyar:
- Father of Buland Bakhtiyar and ex father-in-law of Rudaba, who dies in a robbery. Played by legendary actor, Anwar Iqbal.
- Shehryar Zaidi:
- Father of Rudaba and ex father-in-law of Buland, who dies in a robbery along with Buland's father. Played by legendary actor, Shehryar Zaidi.
- Guest Appearance
Following are the actors who appears as a cameo/guest in drama serial, which is separately acknowledged and credited by production department and head:
- Noman Ejaz As Zafar
- Zeba Shehnaz As Bashar Tai
- Hina Khwaja Bayat, as Bashar's mother, who left him in childhood
- Shehzad Raza As Momin (Bashar's Father)
- Naveed Raza As Tayyaba ex fiancée
- Salahuddin Tunio
while others role are portrayed by Ikram Abbasi Khwaja Saleem, Fazal, Farah Zeba, Mehmood Jaffery, Nighat Naz, Muhammad Irfan, Shahid Ali, Faras, Kamaal Rizvi, Shakeel Peerzada, Wajahaat, Zawaar Khan and Shahzaib.
Bashar Momin is produced by A&B Entertainment. The drama has been written by Zanjabeel Asim and directed by Syed Ali Raza. Director of photography is Syed Adnan Bukhari, associate director is Tahseen Khan while the production designer is Tehmina Lodhi. It will soon air in India on Zindagi under the title Aks
Theme Song and Music
|Bashar Momin: Original Soundtrack|
|Soundtrack album by Various Artists|
|Released||8 March 2014|
|Genre||Theme song, soundtrack|
|Director||Sayed Ali Raza|
The theme song of Bashar Momin has its original theme song composed by Waqar Ali, background music by Mohsin Allah Ditta and edited by Faizan Ghori. All songs are produced by Asif Raza Mir and Babar Javed by A & B entertainment. The song is sung by the talented Nida Arab & Abu Muhammad. The lyrics were penned down by Ali Moin. Bashar Momin compromises total of four songs including its theme song, this first of its kind music album for Pakistani Drama serial ever written before. All the album credits are separately mentioned and credited by the Serial management. The music tracks receive favourable reviews and got wide critical acclaim, due to different arranging of music sections it is widely reported and enjoyed the limelight of media. Except the theme song of the serial, all the other music tracks are sung by various Artists, where the Music has been composed by Sherry Raza, Zaki, Shahbaz, Raheel, Asim and Saqib, lyrics penned down by S.K Khalish, Sherry and Amir Khusro, while Sung by Sherry Raza, Asim and Saqib Ali Taji.
Following is the listing of complete soundtracks including Theme and the serial's music. Waqar Ali and Mohsin Allah Ditta serve as Head Music technicians of all music tracks of the serial.
|1.||"Mann Moji" (Original serial theme song.)||Ali Moin||Waqar Ali||Nida Arab and Abu Muhammad||5:36|
|2.||"Basant Aye Ray" (soundtrack used in serial)||Sherry Raza||Sherry Raza & Zaki||Sherry Raza||1:23|
|3.||"Tu Hi Tu Sapna Hai Mera"||S.K Khalish||Shahbaz Raza and Raheel Nizami||Sherry Raza||0:44|
|4.||"Chaap Tilak"||Hazrat Amir Khusro||Saqib and Asim Ali Taji||Saqib and Asim Ali Taji||1:05|
- "Bashar Momin- A Refined Pearl". A&B Productions Blog. Asma Malik. Retrieved 7 March 2014.
- "Review: Bashar Momin Promises to Captivate Audiences". Pak Reviews. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- "5 reasons Bashar Momin is the new must-watch drama". HIP IN PAKISTAN. Retrieved 17 March 2014.
- "Will Bashar Momin live up to the hype?". Pakistan Today. Retrieved 17 March 2014.
- "Bashar Momin - power unleashed". A&B Productions Blog. Sania Akram. Retrieved 27 February 2014.
- Omair Alvi (14 March 2014). "Bashar Momin – Pakistan’s most expensive TV serial begins today". Instep Today. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- "Bashar Momin - The most expensive drama yet". Reviewit.pk. Mariam Shafiq. Retrieved 27 February 2014.
- "Bashar Momin on Geo TV is going to be expensive". UMAIRICA. Umair Mirza. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- "GEO TV Covers Bloggers Meet-Up of Bashar Momin". brandsynario. Zoya Anwar. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- "Bashar Momin to start from Geo TV". AwamiWeb. Retrieved 28 February 2014.
- "Bashar Momin starting from 14 March". A&B Productions Blog. Noor-ul-ain Hanif. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- Zeeshan Siddiqui (13 March 2014). "Geo mega drama serial ‘Bashar Momin’ starts on 14th". The News. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- "Bashar Momin starting from 14 March". Geo Vision. Noor-ul-Ain. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- "Thunderous Bashar Momin ends with a change of heart". DAWN.com (Sadaf Haider). Retrieved 17 November 2014.
- "Faisal Qureshi is arrogant and proud in Bashar Momin". A&B Productions Blog. Asma Malik. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- "Beauty and the beast". A&B Productions Blog. Sania Akram. Retrieved 6 March 2014.
- "Bashar Momin-OST". Pakistan Music Mind. Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- "Nida Arab and Abu Muhammad – Mann Moji OST Bashar Momin (Video Song)". MyIpedia. Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- Official website
- Bashar Momin on Geo TV
- Bashar Momin at the Internet Movie Database
- Bashar Momin reviews by A&B Entertainment
- Bashar Momin reviews by Drama Pakistani