||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
15 February 1935 |
Badr was born in Ayodhya, India. He is an alumnus of Aligarh Muslim University. He is married and has three sons Nusrat Badr, Masum Badr, Taiyeb Badr and a daughter.  He lived in Aligarh university area during student time and teaching time. He also lived in Meerut, U.P When his house was burnt in riot then he shifted to Delhi after that Bhopal . Now he is living in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. ref www;Zee Sangam tv.com
Badr has written many Urdu ghazals. He has also worked as a chairman of the Urdu Akademi.
Badr has received the Padma Shri award in 1999 for contribution towards literature and Sangeet Natak Akademi. He has also received the Sahitya Akademi Award in Urdu for his poetry collection "Aas" in 1999.
- "Full Story". Express India.com. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "bashirbadr". Kavitakosh.Org. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "Experimenting always, in style.....". Hinduonnet.com. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "Padma Awards" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2015. Archived from the original (PDF) on 15 November 2014. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- Official website
- International Reader's Society of Poet Bashir Badr
- Bashir Badr at Kavita Kosh (Hindi)
- Bashir Badr at Jakhira.com(Hindi)
- Bashir Badr at Urdu Poetry Archive
- An essay on Bashir Badr (may require login):
- Bashir Badar
|This article about an Indian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|