Basildon and Billericay (UK Parliament constituency)
|Basildon and Billericay|
for the House of Commons
Boundary of Basildon and Billericay in Essex
Location of Essex within England
|Population||89,687 (2011 census)|
|Electorate||65,373 (December 2010)|
|Major settlements||Basildon, Billericay|
|Member of Parliament||John Baron (Conservative)|
|Number of members||One|
|Created from||Basildon, Billericay|
The seat was created for the 2010 general election following a review of the Parliamentary representation of Essex by the Boundary Commission for England. It combined parts of the separate, now abolished, Basildon and Billericay constituencies.
The election has been won by the Conservative Party by large majorities.
The Billericay constituency lost Wickford to the new Rayleigh and Wickford constituency, and Pitsea to the South Basildon and East Thurrock seat, which also included the remainder of the Basildon seat.
Members of Parliament
The current MP is the Conservative John Baron, who has held the seat since its creation.
Elections in the 2010s
|Liberal Democrats||Edward Sainsbury||3,741||8.5||5.1|
|Liberal Democrats||Antonia Harrison||1,548||3.4||0.4|
|Liberal Democrats||Martin Thompson||1,636||3.8||11.9|
|Liberal Democrats||Mike Hibbs||6,538||15.7||2.5|
- * Served as an MP in the 2005–2010 Parliament
Notes and references
- "Usual Resident Population, 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 27 January 2015.
- "Electorate Figures". 2011 Electorate Figures. Boundary Commission for England. 4 March 2011. Archived from the original on 6 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "The Parliamentary Constituencies (England) Order 2007". www.legislation.gov.uk. Retrieved 2019-09-11.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "B" (part 1)
- "Basildon & Billericay parliamentary constituency - Election 2017". BBC News. Retrieved 9 June 2017.
- "Election Data 2015". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Basildon & Billericay parliamentary constituency - Election 2017" – via www.bbc.com.
- "Election Data 2010". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 26 July 2013. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "BBC News - Election 2010 - Constituency - Basildon & Billericay". news.bbc.co.uk.