|Motto||A Tradition of Excellence (Welsh: Traddodiad o ragoriaeth)|
|Chairperson||Mr E J Watkins|
Wales, United Kingdom
|Local authority||Newport City Council|
|Houses||Ebbw, Sirhowy, Rhymni, Hafren|
|Vice chairperson||Rev'd Canon J Williams|
Bassaleg School (Welsh: Ysgol Basaleg) is a comprehensive secondary school for pupils aged 11-18, situated in the suburb of Bassaleg on the western side of the city Newport, South Wales. The present buildings of the school range in age from the early 20th century to the present day. The buildings form a natural campus, with playing fields, lawns and gardens. It has over 1,700 pupils.
Notable former pupils
- Stuart Barnes, Times journalist and rugby player
- Jon Callard, Bath Rugby player
- Jamie Corsi, rugby player.
- David Davies, Conservative MP for Monmouth and one of the youngest MPs in the House of Commons
- Ron Davies AM, Former First Minister of Wales and Secretary of State for Wales
- Karl Francis, film writer and director
- Anneliese Heard, triathlete
- Amelia Womack, Deputy Leader Green Party of England and Wales 
- Ryan Jones, Wales and British Lions rugby player
- Stephen Jones, rugby correspondent of the Sunday Times
- Roger Lewis, writer and journalist, author of The Life and Death of Peter Sellers
- Alix Popham, Welsh national rugby player
- Paul Sharma, actor - Roger Roger, The Office, Gavin and Stacey and EastEnders as AJ Ahmed
- Malcolm Thomas a Welsh international centre who played club rugby for Newport. He won 27 caps for Wales.
- Liz Johnson, Paralympic gold medallist