Bassekou Kouyaté (born 1966) is a musician from Mali. His band is known as Ngoni ba.
Kouyaté's debut album Segu Blue was released internationally in 2007 by Out Here Records and distributed in the U.K. by Proper Music Distribution. The album was produced by Lucy Durán. He has also appeared on a number of albums by Toumani Diabaté  and has performed in several European countries. In 2010, Kouyaté has been on tour with Béla Fleck.
- Bassekou Kouyaté & Ngoni Ba: Segu Blue (Out Here Records, 2007)
- Bassekou Kouyaté & Ngoni Ba: I Speak Fula (Out Here Records, 2009)
- Bassekou Kouyaté & Ngoni Ba: Jama Ko (Out Here Records, 2013)
- Bassekou Kouyaté & Ngoni Ba: Ba Power (Glitterbeat Records, 2015)
- Contributing artist
- 2008: Throw Down Your Heart, by Sascha Paladino: Himself
- 2013: The Africa Express, by Renaud Barret and Florent de La Tullaye: Himself
- 2016: Easy Man, by Jasper Cremers and Dennis de Groot: Himself
- 2016: Mali Blues, by Lutz Gregor: Himself
- Frank Bessem's Musiques d'Afrique: Bassekou Kouyate
- Fly Global Music, March 10, 2007: Bassekou Kouyaté – Blue Like a River to a Desert
- Dacks, David (March 2010). "Ngoni Hero Bassekou Kouyaté". Exclaim!. Archived from the original on 2012-07-09.
- Allmusic.com entry on Amy Sacko
- "Prom 54: World Routes Prom". bbc.co.uk. 22 August 2013. Retrieved 22 August 2013.
- BBC3 Awards for World Music winners 2008
- More from Mali: Review. African Business, January 2008.
- mali-music.com: Bassekou Kouyaté. The prince of the strings. 15 January 2004.