Bassekou Kouyaté (born in 1966 in Garana) is a musician from Mali. His band is known as Ngoni ba.
Kouyaté's debut album Segu Blue was released internationally in 2007 by Out Here Records and distributed in the U.K. by Proper Music Distribution. The album was produced by Lucy Durán. He has also appeared on a number of albums by Toumani Diabaté  and has performed in several European countries. In 2010, Kouyaté has been on tour with Béla Fleck.
- Bassekou Kouyaté & Ngoni Ba: Segu Blue (Out Here Records, 2007)
- Bassekou Kouyaté & Ngoni Ba: I Speak Fula (Out Here Records, 2009)
- Bassekou Kouyaté & Ngoni Ba: Jama Ko (Out Here Records, 2013)
- Bassekou Kouyaté & Ngoni Ba: Ba Power (Glitterbeat Records/Xango, 2015)
- Contributing artist
- Frank Bessem's Musiques d'Afrique: Bassekou Kouyate
- Fly Global Music, March 10, 2007: Bassekou Kouyaté – Blue Like a River to a Desert
- Dacks, David (March 2010). "Ngoni Hero Bassekou Kouyaté". Exclaim!.
- Allmusic.com entry on Amy Sacko
- "Prom 54: World Routes Prom". bbc.co.uk. 22 August 2013. Retrieved 22 August 2013.
- BBC3 Awards for World Music winners 2008
- More from Mali: Review. African Business, January 2008.
- mali-music.com: Bassekou Kouyaté. The prince of the strings. 15 January 2004.