Bastrop Independent School District
|Bastrop Independent School District|
|Type||Public Independent school district|
|Grades||EE through 12|
|Superintendent||Steve Murray |
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||578.55 (2011-12) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||15.74 (2011-12)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 4A Football & Basketball |
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011||Academically Acceptable|
Bastrop Independent School District is a public school district in Bastrop, Texas (USA). The district serves the communities of Bastrop, Camp Swift, Cedar Creek, Circle D-KC Estates, Paige, Red Rock, Rockne, Wyldwood, and other rural areas of Bastrop County.
In the 2011-2012 school year, the superintendent was Steve Murray.
Bastrop voters in 2007 approved a bond packet that includes the building of Cedar Creek High School. As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $2,677,709,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.044 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In the 2012-2013 school year, the district had students in fifteen schools.
- High Schools (Grades 9-12)
- Middle Schools (Grades 7-8)
- Bastrop Middle
- Cedar Creek Middle
- Intermediate Schools (Grades 5-6)
- Bastrop Intermediate
- Cedar Creek Intermediate
- Elementary schools (Grades EE-4)
- Bluebonnet Elementary
- Cedar Creek Elementary
- Emile Elementary
- Lost Pines Elementary
- Mina Elementary
- Red Rock Elementary
- Genesis High School (Grades 9-12)
- Bastrop County Juvenile Boot Camp (Grades 4-12)
- Gateway School (Grades 6-12)
- Emile High School, a former segregated school serving African-American students from 1893 to 1969. It closed in 1969 when the school district integrated.
- Texas School Directory 2013-14 (PDF). Austin, Texas: Texas Education Agency. February 2014. p. 47. Retrieved 20 December 2014.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Bastrop ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 20 December 2014.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 19 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 19 July 2012.
- "District Boundary/Attendance Maps" (Archive). Bastrop Independent School District. Retrieved on January 23, 2017. The zone map shows Camp Swift, Circle D-KC Estates, and Wyldwood as being in the district area. See also: "Bastrop ISD Attendance Boundaries."
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Camp Swift CDP, TX." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on January 23, 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-02-12. Retrieved 2014-01-05.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Circle D-KC Estates CDP, TX." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on January 23, 2017.
- "Paige Community." Bastrop County, Texas. Retrieved on January 25, 2017.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP (INDEX): Wyldwood CDP, TX." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on January 23, 2017. Page 1, Page 2.
- Jackson, Dock (2015-11-14). "Emile High School students celebrate 50-year class reunion". Austin American-Statesman. Archived from the original on 2015-11-15.