Wooden Church in Tăut, historic monument
|• Mayor||Gheorghe Bondar (since 2008) (Democratic Liberal Party)|
|Area||126 km2 (49 sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
Batăr (Hungarian: Feketebátor; Turkish: Fektebatur) is a commune located in Bihor County, Romania. The village is situated in south-western county, near the border with Hungary. The settlement lies along the river Crișul Negru and is composed of four villages: Arpășel (Árpád; Arpat), Batăr, Talpoș (Talpas) and Tăut (Feketetót).
Notable people who lived in Batăr include composer Tiberiu Olah.
- Wooden Church in Tăut, built in the 18th century, historic monument
- ″Markovics″ Castle in Arpășel, built in the 19th century (1896), historic monument
- Romanian census data, 2011. recensamantromania.ro (in Romanian)
- ghidulprimariilor.ro - Primăria comunei Batăr - Turism; retrieved on June 30, 2012 (in Romanian)
- cjbihor.ro - Consiliul Judeţean Bihor - Copmuna Batăr; retrieved on June 30, 2012 (in Romanian)
|This Bihor County location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|