Batata is also the word for potato (Latin: Solanum tuberosum; only distantly related to sweet potato) in Portuguese. The same has been adapted in many Indian Languages like Gujarati, Marathi, Konkani, some Arabic variants and others. The English word "potato" itself is derived from the Taíno batata, borrowed via Spanish patata.
Batata may also refer to:
Related to sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas)
- Elsinoë batatas (sweet potato scab), a plant pathogen
- Fusarium oxysporum f.sp. batatas, a plant pathogen
- Phyllosticta batatas, a plant pathogen
Related to potato (Solanum tuberosum)
- Cayo Batata, an island in Puerto Rico
- Nílton "Batata" (real name Nílton Pinheiro da Silva), a Brazilian football player
- Roberto Batata (real name Roberto Monteiro, 1949–1976), Brazilian football player
- Batatá, a regional variant of the name Boi-tatá, a monster from Brazilian indigenous folklore
|Look up batata or batatas in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- Microsoft Encarta Dictionary, 2004 edition.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Batata.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.