Batavia Township, Clermont County, Ohio
|Batavia Township, Clermont County, Ohio|
Lake at East Fork State Park in the township's far southeast
Location of Batavia Township in Clermont County
|• Total||41.6 sq mi (107.7 km2)|
|• Land||39.7 sq mi (102.9 km2)|
|• Water||1.9 sq mi (4.8 km2)|
|Elevation||823 ft (251 m)|
|• Density||586/sq mi (226.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085861|
Located in the center of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Stonelick Township - north
- Jackson Township - northeast
- Williamsburg Township - east
- Tate Township - southeast
- Monroe Township - south
- Pierce Township - southwest
- Union Township - northwest
Name and history
It is the only Batavia Township statewide.
American Modern Insurance Group, Inc. is based in the township.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Batavia township, Clermont County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 15, 2015.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.