Bath & Body Works
New Albany, Ohio, U.S.
|Headquarters||Columbus, Ohio, U.S.|
|Products||Bath, lotions, fragrance, and candles|
|Revenue||US$ $2.285 billion (FY '06)|
Bath & Body Works, LLC. is an American retailer under the L Brands (formerly Limited Brands) umbrella, along with Victoria's Secret. It was founded in 1990 in New Albany, Ohio and has since expanded across 6 continents. In 1997, it was the largest bath shop chain in the United States of America. It specializes in shower gels, lotions, fragrance mists, perfumes, creams, candles, and home fragrances.
Bath & Body Works was founded in 1990 in New Albany, Ohio. The company's first store opened in a Cambridge, Massachusetts mall in September 1990. In 1997, a secondary brand called Bath & Body Works at Home was launched. Two years later the company launched the White Barn Candle Company, a division which specalizes in the sale of scented candles.
Bath & Body Works launched both a seasonal catalog and a website in 2006. In November 2006, the company launched its first television commercial advertisement. Net sales as of January 28, 2006 were $2.3 billion, significantly higher than all other L Brands companies other than Victoria's Secret.
In July 2008, the company announced that it was opening six locations in Canada. With the company acquiring Canadian-based La Senza, they felt it was the opportunity to move into a growing Canadian market, with The Body Shop being its main competition.
Bath and Body Works stocks a wide range of bath and beauty products in the United States. The retail store has products ranging from candles to hand soaps. The products are a part of one of the brand's main segments, body care, hand soaps and hand sanitizers and home fragrance.
The body care segment has multiple collections within it. These collections include Signature collection, Retired fragrances, C.O. Bigelow, Coco Shea, Aromatherapy and Travel-sized Body Care. The Signature collection includes body wash, body lotions, body creams, fragrance mists and body scrubs, with items that are tailored to both men and women.
C.O. Bigelow has products for both men and women. Products include, shave foam and cream, mentha body (body buffer, body wash, body lotion, bar soap and lip care), C.O. Bigelow lemon and C.O. Bigelow Barber.
The Aromatherapy collection has body care items such as body lotions, body creams, body scrubs, shower gels, massage/ body oils, and pillow/all over mists.
When creating new fragrances, the company will sometimes use scents from the past and give them a new look and new name.
Hand Soaps and Sanitisers
There are a variety of hand soaps in their collection, including foaming hand soaps, gel hand soaps, and nourishing hand soaps.
The hand sanitiser selection varies in size, ranging from a small pocketbac hand sanitiser to a full size bottle.
The home fragrance collection includes candles, candle accessories and air fresheners, such as wallflowers, room mists, and car fragrances.
- https://www.bathandbodyworks.com/global-locations/global-locations.html]. Bath & Body Works Website. Retrieved on 2019-11-19.
- "Bath & Body Works: 'The McDonald's of Toiletries'". BusinessWeek. 4 August 1997. Archived from the original on 27 May 2013. Retrieved 3 November 2013.
- Tiffany Yannetta (December 3, 2014). "How Bath & Body Works Became America's Biggest Mall Beauty Brand". Racked.
- "Intimate Brands Inc. starts candle store". The Akron Beacon Journal. November 10, 1999. pp. C7. Retrieved December 28, 2020.
- Elleview.com. Elleview.com. Retrieved on 2013-07-26.
- "Limited brands 2005 Annual Report" (PDF). annualreports.com. Retrieved April 8, 2020.
- The Canadian Press. "Bath & Body Works takes plunge into Canada". CBC.ca. July 10, 2008. Retrieved August 20, 2008.
- Mah, Bill. "Body Shop aims to boost its green cred" Archived May 19, 2015, at the Wayback Machine, The Edmonton Journal. August 8, 2008. Retrieved August 20, 2008.
- "Bath and Body Works Franchise Information". Home-business-expo.com. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- Kowitt, Beth (February 12, 2013). "M.H. Alshaya: The mystery company importing Americana to the Mideast". fortune.com. Retrieved April 8, 2020.
- "Foaming Hand Soaps - Bath & Body Works". www.bathandbodyworks.com. Retrieved 2021-02-23.
- "Hand Sanitizers - Bath & Body Works". www.bathandbodyworks.com. Retrieved 2021-02-23.
- "Home Fragrance – Bath & Body Works". www.bathandbodyworks.com. Retrieved 2021-02-23.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bath & Body Works.|