Bath Blue is an award-winning cheese made in Kelston (just outside) Bath, in the UK by the Bath Soft Cheese Company, at the Padfield family-run farm. It is an unconventional square shape created by founder Graham Padfield in 1990 that he credits to an old grocer’s book. But it differs by not using a feather to salt9 the cheese. It features classic blue vein, creamy and smooth texture and flavor, uses organic milk and follows a traditional Stilton recipe (which takes between 8 and 10 weeks to ripen). The distinction between this and other Stilton cheeses is that each process is undertaken only by hand, produced in very small batches in a much smaller vat than is traditionally used for Stilton cheeses. Awards and recognition include:
- 2014 Supreme Champion at BBC Good Food Show World Cheese Awards (beating 2,700 other international entries).
- 2017: Gold at Artisan Cheese Award
- 2019: featured as one of Chris Allsop’s Best Cheeses of Great Britain.
- "Bath Blue - Cheese.com". www.cheese.com. Retrieved 2019-05-16.
- "Bath Blue". Bath Soft Cheese Company. 2015-09-21. Retrieved 2019-05-16.
- "Graham and Hugh Padfield – Bath Soft | Oxford Fine Food". oxfordfinefood.com. Retrieved 2019-05-16.
- "Producer of the Month: Graham Padfield, Founder, Bath Soft Cheese". www.lovebritishfood.co.uk. Retrieved 2019-05-16.
- "Bath Blue - The Cheese Shed". www.thecheeseshed.com. Retrieved 2019-05-16.
- "Bath Blue Cheese, Organic, Bath Soft Cheese (180g) | Abel & Cole". www.abelandcole.co.uk. Retrieved 2019-05-16.
- "Bath Blue". www.finecheese.co.uk. Retrieved 2019-05-16.
- "Producer of the month: Bath Soft Cheese". www.crumbsmag.com. Retrieved 2019-05-16.
- Association, Press (2014-11-14). "Bath Blue named world's tastiest cheese". ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 2019-05-16.
- "Blue cheese | buy online". The East London Cheese Board - the best of British cheese. Retrieved 2019-05-16.
- Allsop, Chris (2019-02-20). "Best Cheeses of 2019: Great Britain". culture: the word on cheese. Retrieved 2019-05-16.