|Slogan||Keep it local|
|First air date||15 November 1999 – 24 March 2010|
|Audience share||2.4% (December 2009, )|
|Owner||South West Radio Ltd|
The station broadcast to an area with a population of 104,000. In September 2008, RAJAR figures gave the station a weekly audience reach of 14% and an audience share of 2.7% In December 2008, after the acquisition by South West Radio Ltd, listening figures increased to an audience reach of 15% and an audience share of 3.4%.
Bath FM, initially an independent station, was launched in November 1999 as an alternative to GWR FM Bath, which also served the city. In February 2006, Bath FM was taken over by The Local Radio Company (TLRC). In June 2008, TLRC sold Bath FM, along with nearby stations Brunel FM and 3TR FM, to Laser Broadcasting. On 28 October 2008, Laser Broadcasting were placed into administration.
On 29 October 2008, it was announced that Bath FM had been sold to South West Radio Ltd. Bath FM was sold alongside Brunel FM, 3TR FM, and two Quaywest stations, following the collapse of previous owner Laser Broadcasting.
South West Radio LTD went into administration on 4 August 2009. The assets and contracts were acquired without liability by YMC ltd who ran the stations as a group.
On 24 March 2010, the five stations were closed by administrators after multiple refusals on the part of regulator OFCOM to transfer the licenses, following a number of financial issues at the stations following TLRC's sale.
In November 2007, Bath FM moved their studios to Swindon, 35 miles (56 km) away from their broadcast area, after Ofcom agreed to a request from The Local Radio Company to co-locate Bath FM with Brunel FM. On 9 September 2008, under Laser Broadcasting, Bath FM moved back into Station House and once again broadcast from the city until its closure. All broadcasting equipment and specialist wiring has now been removed from the premises, a former railway station.
- "Survey Period Ending 14th December 2008" (PDF). QUARTERLY SUMMARY OF RADIO LISTENING. RAJAR/Ipsos MORI/RSMB. Retrieved 29 January 2009.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 11 January 2010. Retrieved 2010-04-21.
- "Survey Period Ending 14th September 2008" (PDF). QUARTERLY SUMMARY OF RADIO LISTENING. RAJAR/Ipsos MORI/RSMB. Retrieved 5 November 2008.
- "Wiltshire radio station's owner goes into administration". Gazette & Herald. 28 October 2008. Retrieved 5 November 2008.
- "Five Laser stations sold". Radio Today. 29 October 2008. Retrieved 5 November 2008.
- "Bath FM bought by former city resident". Bath Chronicle. 29 October 2008. Retrieved 5 November 2008.
- Plunkett, John (25 March 2010). "Bath FM and Brunel FM among five radio stations to close". The Guardian. Guardian Media Group. Archived from the original on 3 April 2010. Retrieved 6 April 2010.
- "Bath FM moves to Swindon". Radio Today. 28 September 2007. Archived from the original on 13 February 2012. Retrieved 5 November 2008.