Bathiya and Santhush
|Bathiya N Santhush|
From left to Right-Bathiya Jayakody,Santhush Weeraman
|Origin||Colombo, Sri Lanka|
|Genres||Sri Lankan music, Pop, R&B|
|Labels||SonyBMG / Universal Records/M-Entertainment |
Umaria and Umara
Bathiya & Santhush (Sinhala:භාතිය සහ සන්තුෂ්) (BNS) are one of the biggest names in the Sri Lankan music industry who were pop/rap duo composed of Bathiya Jayakody and Santhush Weeraman, who met while at Mary Anne David's school for singing in Colombo (training mainly under the categories of classical and show tunes).
Bathiya Jayakody born 22nd dec 1976 was educated at Ananda College Colombo while Santhush Weeraman born 5th Sep 1977 was educated at Royal College Colombo. Santhush comes from a musical family,his brother Dushyanth is also a musician of repute.
Since the inception of their act in 1998, they have released nearly 8 albums and have had over 25 Sri Lankan number one singles. Bathiya & Santhush are one of the biggest musical acts to hit the Sri Lankan musical scene since the 1990s, mixing Sinhala, Tamil, and English lyrics in their originals, while utilized Hindi language also in remix songs bringing out their contemporary style and revolutionising the music industry in Sri Lanka.
Having performed in over 600 concerts in Sri Lanka and abroad, In 2008 BNS marked the end of their most successful concert series after over 120 performances "Neththara Live". This was replaced with a brand new concert series named "Shaheena" after their 2008 No. 1 single and the same titled promotional album for Lux. Their current concert series Sara Sihina is named after their 2010 release. With the release of their 5th main stream album "Sara Sihina - the 5th Element" Bathiya and Santhush became the only Sri Lankan artists to feature with popular Indian singers Hariharan (in the song Yaalpanamen) and Asha Bhosle (Dedunna Sedi).
Apart from being two of the most innovative music personalities of this generation Bathiya & Santhush a household name in Sri Lanka are also known as two of the most successful entrepreneurs in the Sri Lankan music industry. Starting from a 2 man operation from their bedroom during the early days BNS Production group today houses 4 companies thus making it one of the rare places which offer a 360 degree services in the entertainment industry - Showtown Entertainment [event management & production], Saregama Music [Digital Audio Production], Saregama Films [Film Productions], Saregama Digital [Digital Content Management].
After 15 Years BNS still top the charts of Sri Lanka and are considered one of the most successful musical acts of the modern Sri Lankan era.
Awards and accomplishments
- Second Sri Lankan artists to secure a Music Publishing Contract under "UNIVERSAL MUSIC" in 2007 for "Ayubowan". First artist to do so is Krishan Maheson in 2006 for his solo album "Asian Avenue".
- Silver Award Winners at the "Azia Dauysy" Music Festival in Kazakhstan 2001 / Shanghai Music Festival 2001
- Composers & Performers of the Official Sri Lankan Cricket Anthem BCCSL.
- Bronze Award Winners at the Shanghai Music Festival 2001
- Winners of the TYOP Award for the contribution to Culture & Arts 2002 
- Winner of the Golden Clef Award for the best fusion band in 2002 
- Runner-up the 4th Pop Music Festival in Zernjanin Serbia 2003
- Winners of the "Male Icon - 2006" award (Award ceremony was held on 14 June 2007 at the Colombo Hilton)
- Runner up at the first Music Video Awards held in Sri Lanka - Derana Music VDU Awards - Runner Up award for Res Wihidena Samanaliyak - 2008/9
- First Sri Lankan artists to release a song with Indian collaboration. BNS released a track called "Yaalpaanamen" featuring eminent Indian singer Hariharan (of colonial cousins) in June 2009 and a track with Asha Bhosle in their 5th album "Sara Sihina" which was released in September 2010
- Derana Music Video Awards 2010 - Video of Lanka Matha won the 2nd place. They also have made a band with two other girls and a rapper for more information, keep track!
|1998||Vasanthaye ~ A New Beginning'||Torana Music|
|2009||Lanka Matha||Saregama Digital|
|2010||Sara Sihina||Saregama Digital|
- Dialog Axiata
- Asus Computers
- Rexona for Men
- HNB Assurance 
- Dotcom - Commercial Bank
- Singer Electronics - Singer
- Singer Retail - Singer
- Phoenix Plastics
- Maliban Milk - Maliban
- Asian Paints
- Maliban Lemon Puff - Maliban
- Prima Kottumee - Prima Group
- Anchor New Dale - Fontera