Batman: Dead White
Cover of Batman: Dead White (2006).
|25 July 2006|
|Media type||Print (Paperback)|
|Followed by||Batman: Inferno|
Batman: Dead White is an action political novel written by John Shirley, based upon the DC Comics superhero Batman. It is the first book in a trilogy of Batman-themed novels published by Del Rey Books.
Batman: Dead White was written by cyberpunk/science fiction author John Shirley and was published exclusively in paperback format on 25 July 2006 by Del Rey Books. The novel was released in audiobook format by GraphicAudio on 1 July 2009.
|This article needs an improved plot summary. (May 2015)|
|This section requires expansion. (May 2015)|
- Bruce Wayne/The Batman – a vigilante early in his crime fighting career that has taken it upon himself to protect Gotham City from a vast criminal underworld. Little does the public know that the Batman is secretly an alias of Bruce Wayne, a famed billionaire philanthropist and resident of Gotham.
- White Eyes – a racist militia leader whose high profile crimes have caught the attention of the vigilante known as the Batman. Due to the heavy usage of steroids, White Eyes is more than a physical match for the inexperienced Dark Knight.
- Captain James Gordon – a young captain of the Gotham City Police Department who is secretly allied with the Batman.
- Alfred Pennyworth – Bruce Wayne's trusted butler and closest ally.
- Lieutenant Burkhart – a GCPD lieutenant who stands against the Batman.
- Teia – a love interest of Bruce Wayne's.
Batman: Dead White has been met with mixed to positive reactions from the general public, though few professional critics have written reviews of the novel to date. The novel currently holds a rating of 3.5/5 stars on Goodreads, a Google rating of 3/5 stars based on a total of 44 reviews, and an Amazon.com rating of 3.2/5 stars based on a total of 26 customer reviews.
On 31 October 2006, a sequel was published by Del Rey Books titled Batman: Inferno, written by Alex Irvine. Batman: Inferno introduced the Joker into the series as well as an original villain known as Enfer. The novel focuses on Batman, still early in his career, attempting to defeat the two supervillains and end their criminal activity.
On 27 February 2007, Del Rey published a third book titled Batman: Fear Itself, written by authors Michael Reaves and Steven-Elliot Altman. Batman: Fear Itself focuses on Batman's early encounters with the Scarecrow.
- "Batman: Dead White". GraphicAudio.
- "Batman: Dead White". Goodreads.com.
- "Batman: Dead White". Google.com.
- "Batman: Dead White Mass Market Paperback – July 25, 2006". Amazon.com.
|This article about a 2000s science fiction novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See guidelines for writing about novels. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.
|This DC Comics–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|