Batman XXX: A Porn Parody
|Batman XXX: A porn parody|
|Directed by||Axel Braun|
|Produced by||Axel Braun|
|Written by||Axel Braun|
|Music by||Mr Bones|
|Edited by||Claudia Ross|
Axel Braun Productions
|Distributed by||Vivid Entertainment|
Batman XXX: A Porn Parody is a 2010 pornographic superhero comedy film that parodies the 1960s Batman television series. It features many of the recurring characters, settings, and production elements of the series, but adds an explicitly sexual element which was not present in the original material. The film is the first of several films by Vivid Entertainment to feature parodies of well-known superhero portrayals in movies and television. The positive reaction to the film caused Vivid to announce plans for an entire line of similar films, to be released under the new Axel Braun-led imprint Vivid Superhero. Braun later directed another Batman-themed porn parody: 2012's Dark Knight XXX: A Porn Parody, where Batman is portrayed by Giovanni Francesco, who reprises the role in the 2013 film Man of Steel XXX: An Axel Braun Parody and in the 2015 film "Batman v Superman XXX: An Axel Braun Parody".
Bruce Wayne’s girlfriend, Lisa Carson (Kimberly Kane), is kidnapped by the Riddler (Evan Stone). She has sex with him in an attempt to curry his favour, but he still ultimately delivers her to the Joker (Randy Spears). Batman and Robin (Dale DaBone and James Deen) are called in by the police to help in the rescue. Batman investigates a nightclub fronting the villains' lair, but is drugged and abducted by Molly (Alexis Texas), one of Joker's accomplices, who proceeds to have sex with him. Batgirl (Lexi Belle) learns of the situation and joins Robin, who is waiting for Batman to return from the club. Batgirl and Robin sneak into the villains’ lair, whereupon they find Joker having sex with his two accomplices. Aroused, Batgirl and Robin have sex, which distracts them and allows them to be discovered and captured by Catwoman's (Tori Black) henchmen. The four captives – Lisa, Batman, Robin and Batgirl – are brought before the villainous trio of Joker, the Riddler and Catwoman. Joker intends to kill them but Catwoman, unwilling to kill Batman, for whom she secretly harbours feelings, frees the captured heroes. The heroes battle and defeat the collected rogues. Grateful to Catwoman for her role in their victory, Batman and Robin have sex with her. However, upon discovering that she would still have to be brought to justice for her crimes, Catwoman escapes, activating a trap that imprisons Batman and Robin, ending the film on a cliffhanger.
- Dale DaBone as Batman
- James Deen as Robin
- Lexi Belle as Batgirl
- Tori Black as Catwoman
- Evan Stone as The Riddler
- Randy Spears as The Joker
- Alexis Texas as Molly
- Kimberly Kane as Lisa Carson
- Andy San Dimas as Joker's Moll #1
- Syren Sexton as Joker's Moll #2
- Levi Cash as The Bartender
- Stewart Tain as Alfred
- Jack English as Commissioner Gordon
- David Alan as Chief O'Hara
- Alec Knight as Goon #1
- Hawthorne Ramon as Goon #2
- Ron Jeremy as himself
A fan of the Adam West Batman TV series from a young age, director Axel Braun was eager to produce a porn parody of the show, saying that, because of its "tongue-in-cheek" nature "it was a perfect candidate for a parody." Braun was dedicated to keeping his film as similar to the original as possible.
Actor Randy Spears sports a moustache covered in whiteface, creating a visual reference to Cesar Romero, who similarly painted over his notable moustache rather than shave it off for his role as the Joker. As reviewer Chris Sims writes, "considering that [Spears is] clean-shaven in the audition footage that's included as a bonus feature...I can only assume that he grew it just for authenticity."
The film was released on region-free DVD on May 21, 2010. The DVD release came with several special features including a behind-the-scenes featurette, photo gallery, a featurette on the casting process and a sex-free version of the film. The DVD was nominated for both Best DVD Extras and Best DVD Menus at the 2011 AVN Awards, winning the award for best menus.
Scenes from the film were included in a special sampler DVD that came with the first issue of Magna Publishing's magazine Vivid SuperXXXHeroes: a magazine focusing on the Vivid Superhero brand and published in November 2011. The cover of the magazine featured Lexi Belle and Tori Black as Batgirl and Catwoman, respectively. The pair were also featured in the magazine's double-centrefold.
The parody was well received and was praised for its level of attention to its source material, which included the use of obscure characters Molly and Lisa Carson from the original series, and also notable double-entendre lines from the TV series ("that single statement indicates to me the first oncoming thrusts of manhood, old chum"), and takes on famous recurring gags such as the "window scenes" from the original series. The success of the film led Vivid to commit to producing additional superhero film parodies under a new, Axel Braun-led imprint: Vivid Superhero.
The film won "Best Parody" at the seventeenth annual NightMoves Adult Entertainment Awards Show and also "Favorite Parody" at the fifth annual F.A.M.E. Awards. The film won multiple accolades at the 2011 AVN Awards. Nominated for seventeen awards in sixteen categories, it won seven awards, more than any other film that year. The nominations were:
Additionally, Braun won several awards for his 2010 work as a whole, including this film. Braun was nominated for a total of forty-eight awards at the 2011 AVN Awards, winning several, including "Director of the Year (Body of Work)". Also, Evan Stone (The Riddler) and Tori Black (Catwoman) won "Male Performer of the Year" and "Female Performer of the Year" respectively.
In October 2010 Axel Braun Productions filed a complaint with the United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia for legal action to be taken against 7,098 individuals who had illegally downloaded the film through peer-to-peer file sharing sites.
- "Batman XXX Porn Director To Launch New Vivid Line Featuring Superman, Green Hornet, Spider-Man, Wonder Woman, Captain America, Thor and Hulk". BleedingCool.com. Archived from the original on 2011-01-23.
- Hagop (2010-06-13), Interview – Axel Braun of Vivid Superhero, The Fwoosh, retrieved 2011-04-07
- "Exclusive Interview: Axel Braun and His XXX Batman Parody (Part One)". IESB.net. 2010-05-04. Retrieved 2011-01-31.[dead link]
- "World's Busiest Adult Film Studio For Sale". The San Francisco Chronicle. 2011-05-26. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- Chris Sims (2010-06-15). "'Batman XXX' or: The Dark Knight Comes Again [NSFW". Comics Alliance. Archived from the original on 2010-12-19. Retrieved 2010-12-21.
- Batman XXX: A Porn Parody DVD (Vivid, 2010)
- "Nominations for the 2011 AVN Awards" (PDF). Retrieved 2011-01-31.
- "2011 Winners: Winners of the 2011 AVN Awards". AVNAwards.com. Archived from the original on 2013-03-18. Retrieved 2011-01-31.
- "‘Batman XXX: A XXX Parody’ Now Available on Blu-ray". AVN Media Network. 2011-03-01. Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- "Magna Publishing Launches 'Vivid SuperXXXHeroes Magazine'". 2011-11-22. Retrieved 2011-12-18.
- ""BATMAN XXX: A PORN PARODY" NAMED BEST-SELLING TITLE OF THE YEAR". Comic Book Resources. 2010-11-23. Retrieved 2011-01-31.
- "THE WINNERS". Archived from the original on 25 December 2010. Retrieved 2011-01-31.
- "AVN Announces the Winners of the 2011 AVN Awards:Voters go bats for Bats". AVN. 2011-01-09. Archived from the original on 15 January 2011. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- "Batman XXX - A Porn Parody". Hotmovies.com. Retrieved 2011-01-31.
- Greg Sandoval (2010-10-02). "Porn maker sues 7,098 alleged film pirates". CNet. Archived from the original on 21 February 2011. Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- Susana Polo (2010-10-07). "Maker of Batman Porn Rip Off Suing Filesharers That Ripped Off His Movie". Geekosystem. Retrieved 2011-03-25.