Bats at 37 Military Hospital
The bats at the 37 military hospital are a colony of an estimated 1 million straw-coloured fruit bats living in the 37 Military Hospital area of Accra, the capital of Ghana. A local legend surrounds this group of animals, saying that a long time ago, a chief from a village in eastern Ghana Kibi was admitted to the hospital accompanied by megabats. He died but the bats are still waiting for him to come home.
- Frimpong, Enoch Darfah (11 April 2017). "Bats: Ghana's best-kept wildlife - secret". Graphic Online.
- "Bats Adapt To Hospital Premises". ghanaweb.com. 25 May 2004.
- Borelli, Lisa Marie (26 May 2013). "Ghana: The bats who never left their chief". Farm Radio Weekly.
- "BBC NEWS | Africa | Droppings drive Accra batty". news.bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-01-23.
- Bats In Accra Ghana (37 Military Hospital), Youtube, (9 Jan 2014)
|This Ghana-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|