Bats at 37 Military Hospital
The Bats at the 37 military hospital are a colony of an estimated 1 million straw-coloured fruit bats living in the 37 Military Hospital area of Accra, the capital of Ghana. A local legend surrounds this group of animals, saying that a long time ago, a chief from a village in eastern Ghana Kibi was admitted to the hospital accompanied by megabats. He died but the bats never left the area and are still waiting for him to leave the hospital.
- Frimpong, Enoch Darfah (11 April 2017). "Bats: Ghana's best-kept wildlife - secret". Graphic Online.
- "Bats Adapt To Hospital Premises". ghanaweb.com. 25 May 2004.
- Borelli, Lisa Marie (26 May 2013). "Ghana: The bats who never left their chief". Farm Radio Weekly.
- "BBC NEWS | Africa | Droppings drive Accra batty". news.bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-01-23.
- Bats In Accra Ghana (37 Military Hospital), Youtube, (9 Jan 2014)
|This Ghana-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|