|Publisher(s)||Square Enix Collective|
|Programmer(s)||Kevin Chandler, James Tatum|
|Artist(s)||Howard Philpott, Alex Korakitis, Kieron White, Nathan Knight, Faye Smith, Adriel Lamam, James McCarthy, Tomasz Marczak|
|Engine||Unreal Engine 4|
|Release||1 February 2018 (Steam Early Access)|
Battalion 1944 is a multiplayer first-person shooter video game published by Square Enix and released for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The game was announced via a Kickstarter campaign on February 3, 2016. The game is set during World War II and runs on Unreal Engine 4. The game is one of the first from studio Bulkhead Interactive, a studio composed of former AAA developers. Bulkhead Interactive is itself a collaborative effort between companies Deco Digital and Bevel Studios, who previously published Pneuma: Breath of Life together. The game's crowdfunding campaign was successfully funded in under three days.
In the announcement of Battalion 1944, the developers stated that the game will feature dedicated servers while making use of certain anti-cheat measures. The online portion of the game will be heavily skill-based and the developers assured that any unlockables will not give competitive edges to players. The game was released to Steam Early Access on 1 February 2018.
- Skrebels, Joe (9 March 2017). "Square Enix Collective to Publish Indie WW2 Shooter Battalion 1944". IGN.
- Copeland, Wesley (2 February 2016). "Battalion 1944 Wants to Be The World War 2 Shooter". IGN.
- "World War II Competitive Shooter Battalion 1944 Announced".
- "Battalion 1944 Press Kit". Bulkhead Interactive. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- "Battalion 1944 Kickstarter funded in just three days".
- "New World War 2 Shooter Announced for PS4, Xbox One, PC". GameSpot.
- "Battalion 1944 seeks funding to return the FPS to WW2". PC Gamer.
|This first-person shooter video game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|