|Founders||Rick Frisbie, Howard Anderson, Bob Barrett|
|Headquarters||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|Total assets||$6.9 billion|
Number of employees
Battery Ventures is a global, technology-focused investment firm. Founded in 1983, the firm makes venture-capital and private-equity investments from offices in Boston, Silicon Valley, San Francisco and Israel. Since inception, the firm has raised over $6.9 billion and is now investing its twelfth funds, Battery Ventures XII and Battery Ventures XII Side Fund, with a combined capitalization of $1.25 billion.
Battery Ventures was founded in 1983 in Boston, Massachusetts by Rick Frisbie, Howard Anderson  and Bob Barrett. Since its inception, Battery has raised more than $6.9 billion in capital through the following twelve funds and corresponding side funds:
|Fund||Vintage year||Committed capital ($m)|
|Battery VIII SF||2008||$200|
|Battery X SF||2013||$250|
|Battery XI SF||2016||$300|
|Battery XII SF||2018||$450|
In 1995, the firm opened its second office in Menlo Park, California, followed by the opening of its Israel office in 2009, and the addition of its San Francisco office in 2015.
Current investing general partners include: Neeraj Agrawal, Michael Brown, Morad Elhafed, Jesse Feldman, Russell Fleischer, Roger Lee, Itzik Parnafes, Chelsea Stoner, Dharmesh Thakker and Scott Tobin.
In its 35-year history, Battery has invested in more than 400 companies globally resulting in more than 60 IPOs and more than 170 M&A events by acquirers including Adobe, Apple, BMC, Boeing, Comcast, Danaher, EMC, Google, Intel, LinkedIn, MetroPCS, Oracle, Palo Alto Networks, Worldhotels, ResMed, Roper, Salesforce, Scott Safety, SAP, Stratoscale, Visa and Yahoo!.
The firm’s current investment focus includes:
- Application software
- IT infrastructure technologies
- Consumer internet/mobile
- Industrial technologies
- "About Battery Ventures". www.battery.com.
- "Battery Ventures Closes Two New Funds Totaling $950 Million". MarketWired. February 23, 2016.
- "Battery Ventures Team, Rick Frisbie". www.battery.com.
- "A Pioneer in Consulting Is Leaving Yankee Group". The New York Times. November 8, 1999.
- "Battery Ventures Team, Neeraj Agrawal". www.battery.com.
- "Battery Ventures Team, Michael Brown". www.battery.com.
- "Battery Ventures Team, Jesse Feldman". www.battery.com.
- "Battery Ventures Team, Russell Fleischer". www.battery.com.
- "Battery Ventures Team, Roger Lee". www.battery.com.
- "Battery Ventures Team, Itzik Parnafes". www.battery.com.
- "Battery Ventures Team, Chelsea Stoner". www.battery.com.
- "Battery Ventures Team, Dharmesh Thakker". www.battery.com.
- "Battery Ventures Team, Scott Tobin". www.battery.com.
- Battery Ventures (company website)