Batting average against
In baseball statistics, batting average against (denoted by BAA or AVG), or opponents' batting average (denoted by OBA) is a statistic that measures a pitcher's ability to prevent hits during official at bats. It can alternatively be described as the league's hitters' combined batting average against the pitcher. It is calculated as: Hits Allowed divided by (Batters Faced minus Walks minus Hit Batsmen minus Sacrifice Hits minus Sacrifice Flies minus Catcher's Interference).
It is calculated as:
- BF is the number of batters faced by the pitcher
- BB is the number of base on balls
- HBP is the number of hit batsmen
- SH is the number of sacrifice hits
- SF is the number of sacrifice flies
- CINT is the number of catcher's interference
- "Classic Fantasy Baseball Glossary - Definitions of Terms". ESPN.com. 2001. Archived from the original on 26 August 2007. Retrieved 2007-07-14.
|This baseball-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|