Battle in Me
|"Battle in Me"|
|Single by Garbage|
|from the album Not Your Kind of People|
|A-side||"Blood for Poppies"|
|Released||March 28, 2012
(See release history)
|Format||7" vinyl, digital download|
Red Razor Sounds;
King Size North Studios
California, United States
|Genre||Alternative rock, post-grunge, industrial rock|
Mixed by Butch Vig & Billy Bush
|Garbage singles chronology|
"Battle in Me" is a song from alternative rock band Garbage's fifth studio album Not Your Kind of People, and was released as the lead single to promote the album in United Kingdom. "Battle in Me" preceded the band's underplayed headliner concert in London and served as the band's Record Store Day 2012 release in the United Kingdom and Europe.
"Battle in Me" was the first new song Garbage created when the sessions for Not Your Kind of People were convened in early 2010. Starting out in a recording studio with the rule that nobody could bring in old demos or ideas, "Battle in Me" sprung from the group jamming. The initial take amounted to 20 minutes of material saved to hard drive. Garbage took the material to their own respective home studios and edited the track separately to form the song. Guitarist Steve Marker's parts were inspired by Jimmy Page, after watching the documentary It Might Get Loud the night prior to the session.
On April 21, 2012, "Battle in Me" was also issued as a limited edition 7" single to mark Record Store Day and was distributed throughout participating independent record stores. The press run of the red vinyl was limited to 500 units, and was backed with "Blood for Poppies".
- Digital single
- "Battle in Me" − 4:16
- UK 7" single (Record Store Day edition)
- "Battle in Me" – 4:16
- "Blood for Poppies" – 3:40
|This section requires expansion. (February 2015)|
|Release date||Territory||Record label||Format|
|March 28, 2012||United Kingdom||STUNVOLUME||Digital single|
|April 21, 2012||Europe||7" vinyl (Record Store Day 2012)|
|UK Physical Singles (The Official Charts Company)||#28 (credited to "Blood for Poppies")|
- "GARBAGE unveil tracklisting, first single + album artwork". Mushroom Group Promotions. Retrieved 2012-03-12.
- Watson, Rob. "Press Release: Battle In Me out May 7th?". Garbagediscobox. Retrieved 2012-03-20.
- Chalmers, Murray (2012-03-19). "GARBAGE TO RELEASE BRAND NEW SINGLE ‘BATTLE IN ME’ ON MAY 7TH". London: MCPR. Retrieved 2012-03-27.
- Watson, Rob. "UK, STNVOL013, 7-inch commercial single for RSD 2012". Garbage-Discography.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-05-25.
- Bosso, Joe (2012-06-04). "Interview: Garbage talk Not Your Kind Of People track-by-track; Battle in Me". EMusician. Retrieved 2013-05-25.
- "Steve Lamacq; Monday March 27th, 2012". BBC. Archived from the original on 2012-03-28. Retrieved 2012-03-27.
- "Garbage>Battle In Me>Single". Stunvolume/iTunes UK. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- "Garbage Announce ‘Battle In Me’ As May Single". This Is Fake DIY. Retrieved 2012-03-20.
- Levine, Nick. "Garbage - Still Not Cool, Still Pretty Fantastic". NME. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- "Battle In Me - Single". iTunes Ireland music store. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- "Official Physical Singles Chart Top 100; 13 May 2012 - 19 May 2012". The Official Charts Company. Retrieved 2015-04-21.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Not Your Kind of People|
- Garbage official website
- "Battle in Me" Mini-Film at YouTube.
- "Battle in Me" live rehearsal at YouTube.
- "Battle in Me" discography
- Full lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics