Battle of Al Masini valley
The battle of Al Masini valley, code named Operation Al Faisal by the coalition, was an operation to clear the Al-Qaeda controlled stronghold of Al Misini valley in Hadramut province.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2018)
On February 17, 2018 Hadrami Elite Forces, backed by heavy UAE aerial support, launched Operation Al-Faisal, an offensive to retake Al-Masini Valley from AQAP militants. The offensive began when Hadrami Elite Forces launched a preemptive attack from three directions, that laid siege to all AQAP militants in the valley. On February 18 Hadrami Elite Forces had entered the valley and begun to slowly retake all areas in and around the valley. After fierce fighting for 48 hours, AQAP militants retreated from the valley and Hadramai forces gained full control over an operation room that was run by AQAP militants in the valley and confiscated the equipment and ammunition used by the terror group in carrying out its criminal operations. The governor of Hadhramaut, Major General Faraj al-Bahsani declared that the operation was a success and that others like it, will follow until the region was fully rid of AQAP. Furthermore, while combing the area, large caches of ammunition, including mortar guns and missiles were found and the Yemeni forces secured the entire zone by staging military posts and patrol units across the surrounding plateaus to preempt any counter offensives by the AQAP militants.
- "تطهير 70% من معقل القاعدة في حضرموت اليمنية". Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "Clashes leave 27 dead as Yemen troops target Al-Qaeda". Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "براقش نت - الإعلان عن تطهير آخر معاقل القاعدة في حضرموت". Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "التحالف العربي يطلق "عملية الفيصل" لتطهير حضرموت". 18 February 2018. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "Armed forces purge al-Qaeda from Mesinivalley of Hadhramout". وكالة الانباء اليمنية Saba Net :: سبأ نت. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "gulftoday.ae - Supporter by UAE, Arab Coalition starts 'Al Faisal Operation' against Al Qaeda strongholds". gulftoday.ae. Archived from the original on 8 April 2018. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "Bahrain News Agency - Coalition begins to sweep Al Qaeda from Hadramaut". www.bna.bh. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- Almasdaronline. "Arab Coalition starts 'Al Faisal Operation' against Al 'Qaeda' strongholds". Almasdaronline.com. Archived from the original on 2018-02-19. Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- "إحكام السيطرة على أهم أوكار القاعدة في حضرموت". Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- WAM/Hatem Mohamed (2018-02-22). "وكالة أنباء الإمارات - Yemen's Wadi Al Masini liberated from Al Qaeda". Wam.ae. Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- الإلكترونية, صحيفة سبق. "اليمن.. النخبة الحضرمية تُواصل عملية الفيصل ضد القاعدة في حضرموت". Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "تطهير 70% من معقل القاعدة في حضرموت". Retrieved 11 April 2018.