Battle of Central Henan
|Battle of Central Henan|
|Part of the Second Sino-Japanese War, World War II|
National Revolutionary Army
Imperial Japanese Army
|Commanders and leaders|
|General Tang Enbo||Lt. General Eitaro Uchiyama|
In the Battle of Central Henan, 390,000 Chinese soldiers, led by General Tang Enbo (汤恩伯), were deployed to defend the strategic position of Luoyang. The 12th Army spearheaded by the 3rd Tank Division of the IJA crossed the Yellow River around Zhengzhou in late April and defeated Chinese forces near Xuchang, then swung around clockwise and besieged Luoyang. Luoyang was defended by three Chinese divisions. The 3rd Tank Division began to attack Luoyang on May 13 and took it on May 25.
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Hsu Long-hsuen and Chang Ming-kai, History of The Sino-Japanese War (1937–1945) 2nd Ed., 1971. Translated by Wen Ha-hsiung, Chung Wu Publishing; 33, 140th Lane, Tung-hwa Street, Taipei, Taiwan Republic of China.
- 中国抗日战争正面战场作战记 (China's Anti-Japanese War Combat Operations)
- Guo Rugui, editor-in-chief Huang Yuzhang
- Jiangsu People's Publishing House
- Date published : 2005-7-1
- ISBN 7-214-03034-9
- Online in Chinese: https://web.archive.org/web/20090116005113/http://www.wehoo.net/book/wlwh/a30012/A0170.htm
- 抗日战争时期的侵华日军序列沿革 (Order of battle of the Japanese army that invaded China during the Sino Japanese War)[permanent dead link] April 16, 2008
- Generals from Japan
- Topo Maps covering the area of the battle:
- Sherry, Mark D. China Defensive. The U.S. Army Campaigns of World War II. United States Army Center of Military History. CMH Pub 72-38.
|This article about a battle of World War II is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to the history of China is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a historical Japanese battle is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|