Battle of Mice
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2009)|
|Battle of Mice|
|Origin||New York City, New York,
|Genres||Post-metal, sludge metal|
|Associated acts||Blood & Time
The Book of Knots
Made Out of Babies
A Storm of Light
|Past members||Julie Christmas
Battle of Mice was a post-metal supergroup consisting of Julie Christmas (Made Out of Babies), Josh Graham (ex-Neurosis, ex-Red Sparowes, A Storm of Light), Joel Hamilton (Book of Knots), Tony Maimone (Book of Knots, Pere Ubu), and Joe Tomino (Fugees, Dub Trio, Peeping Tom).
The band was formed when vocalist Julie Christmas and guitarist/keyboardist Josh Graham met in Austin, Texas while touring with their respective bands in 2005. Graham and Christmas, who disliked one another upon first acquaintance, were in an on-again-off-again relationship during the recording of the band's debut album, A Day of Nights. At their worst, the pair refused to play in the same room.
The album, which was released under Neurot Recordings, contains seven tracks heavily influenced by the metal, post-rock and noise rock roots from which the group was derived. The song "At the Base of the Giant's Throat" features a recorded 911 call between vocal sections.
On September 3, 2009, a blog was posted on the band's MySpace page stating that the band was parting ways.
- Julie Christmas (Made Out of Babies) – vocals
- Josh Graham (ex-Neurosis, ex-Red Sparowes, A Storm of Light) – guitars, keyboards, and vocals
- Joel Hamilton (Book of Knots) – guitar
- Tony Maimone (Book of Knots, Pere Ubu) – bass
- Joe Tomino (Fugees, Dub Trio, Peeping Tom) – drums
- Official band website
- www.myspace.com/BattleOfMice Battle of Mice at MySpace
- An interview with Josh Graham, March 2008
- Battle of Mice interview, avantgarde-metal.com, 2009