Battle of Mogadishu
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
There have been several Battles of Mogadishu:
- Battle of Mogadishu (1993) also known as Battle of the Black Sea or The Day of the Rangers: part of Operation Gothic Serpent/Code Irene. United States, Pakistani, and Malaysian forces fought forces of Somali warlord Mohamed Farrah Aidid
- Battle of Mogadishu (2006) The Islamic Courts Union attacked and captured the city held by the ARPCT
- Fall of Mogadishu (2006): The Transitional Federal Government and Ethiopian Army attacked and captured the city held by the Islamic Courts Union
- Battle of Mogadishu (March – April 2007) The Transitional Federal Government and Ethiopian Army battled the insurgents of the Islamist PRM and the Hawiye clan in the city
- Battle of Mogadishu (November 2007), Another battle between the TFG/Ethiopia and the Islamist PRM
- Battle of Mogadishu (2008), another battle between the above mentioned forces
- Battle of South Mogadishu, a two-day armed clash in February, 2009, between the TFG and Hizbul Islam
- Battle of Mogadishu (2009), a 6 month stand-off between al-Shabaab and Hizbul Islam rebels and the TFG-ARS Alliance, involving 7 rounds of high intensity violence
- Battle of Mogadishu (2010–11), between al-Shabaab and the ICU/TFG Alliance
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Battle of Mogadishu.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.