Battle of Thermopylae (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Battle of Thermopylae was an important battle fought in 480 BC during the Persian Wars.
The term may also refer to:
- Battle of Thermopylae (353 BC), the blocking of the pass during the Third Sacred War by the Phocian allied Athenians against Philip II of Macedon.
- Battle of Thermopylae (323 BC), a battle during the Lamian War between a coalition of Greek cities under Leosthenes and a Macedonian army led by Antipater.
- Battle of Thermopylae (279 BC), the defense of the pass by the Greeks during Brennus' invasion of Greece.
- Battle of Thermopylae (191 BC), an important battle where Roman forces defeated the Seleucid King Antiochus III the Great
- Battle of Thermopylae (267), the unsuccessful defense of the pass by local forces during the great invasion of the Balkans by the Heruli.
- Battle of Thermopylae (1821) or Battle of Alamana, during the Greek War of Independence.
- Battle of Thermopylae (1941), fought between the Germans and the retreating ANZACs during the German invasion of Greece.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Battle of Thermopylae.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.