Battlecat (record producer)
Battlecat at the 1580 AM KDAY 20th anniversary event in 2003
|Birth name||Kevin Gilliam|
|Born||April 20, 1968|
|Origin||South Central Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Genres||West Coast hip hop, G-funk|
|Occupation(s)||Record producer, rapper, songwriter, singer|
|Instruments||Sampler, keyboard, drums, vocoder, synthesizer.|
|Labels||Maverick/Warner Bros. Records|
|Associated acts||Snoop Dogg, Tupac Shakur, Joi, Kurupt, Tha Dogg Pound, Tha Eastsidaz, Bloods & Crips|
He is well known for producing artists such as Snoop Dogg, Tupac Shakur, The Game, Xzibit and Tha Eastsidaz along with a number of other West Coast rappers. His aesthetic is a progression from the early-'90s G-Funk sound pioneered by Above the Law and Dr. Dre, characterized by fat synth bass lines and soulful keys. He is also the concert DJ for Snoop Dogg.
In 2009, Battlecat produced a special song called "A Soldier Never Dies", dedicated to fallen Marine, Anthony Vargas. Battlecat is a DJ member of The Worldwide DJ organization, The Core DJ's.  The music video was directed by Paolo Ongkeko and produced by Don Le. One of the video's leads was portrayed by Sonny Ayon.
- 1988: "D.J. N-Effect"
- 1999: Gumbo Roots
- 2009: G' & Sexy Vol. 1 (with Amplified)
- "Battlecat". steadydippin. SteadyDippin.com. Retrieved 3 October 2016.
- "Rap memorializes Marine, cousin". The Press-Enterprise. 2009-10-24. Retrieved 2009-10-24.
- "A Soldier Never Dies". Global Grind. 2009-10-26. Retrieved 2009-10-26.
- "Rapper INVINCEABLE, R&B Crooner JON B. and Producer BATTLECAT Collaborate On "A Soldier Never Dies"". BlackVibes. 2009-10-26. Retrieved 2009-10-26.
|This biographical article related to hip hop music in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|