Cover art in all regions
|Developer(s)||Attention to Detail|
|Platform(s)||Atari Jaguar CD|
Battlemorph is a free-roaming shooter video game developed by Attention to Detail and published by Atari Corporation exclusively for the Atari Jaguar CD in North America and Europe on December, 1995. It is the sequel to Cybermorph, a pack-in game for the Atari Jaguar that was released in 1993.
The narration, menu and both mission briefing and debriefing voice work was done by comedian actor Rob Brydon, while the voicework of Skylar was done by David Lowe's wife Victoria "Vicky" Lowe, who voiced her in the original game as well.
A reviewer for Next Generation called Battlemorph "a truly innovative action game and a must-have for Jaguar owners." He commented mainly on the graphics, contending that while they have little detail and short draw distance, they carry a strong sense of style and suspense, particularly in the effective use of underwater sections. He further admitted that the full motion video cutscenes have some value. He acknowledged that the controls are imperfect but said they become easier with practice. Takumi of GameFan, while acknowledging that "it won't blow anyone away with its 3-D capabilities", praised the music, worlds, missions and weapons variety, stating that "this one will keep you busy for as long it takes for another good Jag CD title to hit". GamePro's brief review, however, argued that "Battlemorph provides below-average terrain-skimming shooting in a typical polygon environment and features really poor control. While the tunnel and underwater areas refresh this tedious game, the dismal one-color landscapes are the same as those in half of the Jaguar games out there."
- Smith, Jason. "Atari Jaguar Timeline". Jaguar Sector II. Archived from the original on 29 July 2013. Retrieved 2018-06-02.
- Charnock, Tom. "Do The Math: Jag Star". atarijaguar.co.uk. Retrieved 2018-06-02.
- Knight, Kyle. "Battlemorph - Review". AllGame. Archived from the original on 14 November 2014. Retrieved 2018-04-10.
- Baggatta, Patrick (January 1996). "Jaguar CD - Review - Battlemorph". Game Players. No. 80. Signal Research. p. 85.
- Nihei, Wes (March 1996). "ProReview: Battlemorph". GamePro. No. 90. IDG. p. 68.
- Versionen, Andere (May 1996). "Spiele-Tests - Jaguar - Battlemorph CD". MAN!AC. No. 32. CyberMedia. p. 76.
- "Finals - Swan Song? - Battlemorph". Next Generation. No. 14. Imagine Media. February 1996. p. 168.
- Charlton, Frank (July 1996). "Screenplay - Jaguar Game - Battlemorph". ST Format. No. 84. Future plc. p. 30.
- O'Connor, Frank (January 1996). "Reviews - Battlemorph". VideoGames - The Ultimate Gaming Magazine. No. 84. L.F.P., Inc. p. 88.
- Halverson, Dave (January 1996). "Jaguar's Domain - Preview - Battlemorph". GameFan. No. Volume 4, Issue 1. Shinno Media. p. 89.
- "Jaguar's Domain - Review - Battlemorph". GameFan. No. Volume 4, Issue 2. Shinno Media. February 1996. pp. 62–63.
|This Atari-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This shooter game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|