Battles for Plav and Gusinje
The Battles for Plav and Gusinje were armed conflicts between the Principality of Montenegro and Ottoman irregular armies (pro-Ottoman Albanian League of Prizren and Bosniaks) that broke out following the decision of the Congress of Berlin (1878) that the territories of Plav and Gusinje (part of former Scutari Vilayet) be ceded to Montenegro. The conflicts took place in this territory between 9 October 1879 and 8 January 1880. The following battles were fought:
- Velika attacks (9 October–22 November 1879), Montenegrin victory
- Battle of Novšiće (4 December 1879), Ottoman irregular victory
- Battle of Murino (8 January 1880), Montenegrin victory
- Vuković, Gavro; Tomović, Slobodan (1996). Memoari vojvode Gavra Vukovića. Obod. ISBN 978-86-305-0260-6.
- Dva Petrovića Njegoša: Vladika Danilo Petrović. Štamparija Petra Ćurčića. 1896.
- Istorijski institut u Titogradu (1982). Istorijski zapisi. Istorijski institut u Titogradu.
- King Nikola I (1969). Cjelokupna djela. p. 567.
- Ippen, Theodor Anton (1916), Illyrisch-albanische forschungen (in German), München, Leipzig: Duncker & Humblot, OCLC 35691167