This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Batton Lash is a comic-book and comic-strip writer-artist best known for Wolff and Byrd, Counselors of the Macabre and the subsequent Supernatural Law. He was nominated for two Harvey Awards in 2003, and won the 2009 Independent Book Publishers Association's Benjamin Franklin Award for Graphic Novel.
Since 1979, he has been writing and drawing Wolff and Byrd, Counselors of the Macabre which first appeared as a weekly newspaper strip in The Brooklyn Paper and The National Law Journal. It was renamed Supernatural Law when it made the leap to full-length comic book stories under Batton Lash's own company, Exhibit A Press, in 1994. It later became available as a webcomic and as digital books.
By March 2010, Lash was working with writer James D. Hudnall on an online comic strip critical of President Barack Obama, "Obama Nation", on Andrew Breitbart's website BigHollywood.com. In 2011, MSNBC commentator Lawrence O'Donnell and others criticized one of the strips as racist because it caricatured First Lady Michelle Obama and President Obama in ways that stereotype African Americans.
Awards and nominations
- 2003: Mister Negativity and Other Tales of Supernatural Law — Harvey Special Award for Humor nomination
- 2003: Supernatural Law #35 — Harvey Award nomination for Best Single Issue
- 2009: The Soddyssey, And Other Tales of Supernatural Law — Independent Book Publishers Association's Benjamin Franklin Award for Graphic Novel 
- Wolff and Byrd, Counselors of the Macabre #1-23
- Mavis #1-3
- Supernatural Law #24-45
- Radioactive Man volume 2 (eight issues)
- Simpsons Super Spectacular #1-5
- Archie Meets the Punisher
- Archie Comics "The House of Riverdale"
- Archie Comics "Archie Freshman Year"
- Wolff & Byrd, Counselors of the Macabre—"The Red Book" (comic strips from the mid-80s)
- Wolff & Byrd, Counselors of the Macabre: Supernatural Law (comic strips)
- Wolff & Byrd, Counselors of the Macabre: Case Files Volume: I, II, III, IV (#1-16)
- Tales of Supernatural Law (#1-8)
- The Soddyssey, And Other Tales of Supernatural Law (#9-16)
- Sonovawitch! and Other Tales of Supernatural Law (#17-22, Mavis #1)
- The Vampire Brat, And Other Tales of Supernatural Law (#23-29, Mavis #2)
- Mister Negativity, And Other Tales of Supernatural Law (#31-36, Mavis #3)
- Provine, Jeff (November 13, 2014). "Graphic Novel Review: 'The Werewolf of New York' by Batton Lash". BlogCritis.org. Archived from the original on October 10, 2015. Retrieved February 27, 2016.
- "Batton Lash's "Supernatural Law" Now Available for Digital Download" (Press release). Exhibit A Press via ComicBookResources.com. December 13, 2011. Archived from the original on January 3, 2016. Retrieved February 27, 2016.
- "Varying views of Obama". ComicsBeat.com. March 30, 2010. Archived from the original on August 28, 2012.
- MacDonald, Heidi (February 16, 2011). "MSNBC's O'Donnell takes on Hudnall/Lash over Michelle Obama cartoon". ComicsBeat.com. Archived from the original on August 19, 2014.
- "Benjamin Franklin Award Winners and Finalists 2009". Independent Book Publishers Association. Archived from the original on June 12, 2009.