Batu Caves (town)
|This article does not cite any sources. (May 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Batu Caves (Chinese: 黑风洞、峇都急) is a town in Gombak district, Selangor, Malaysia. The town is located between Selayang and Gombak. Currently, more residences are about to move in as the housing booming at the heart of the city.
Townships and villages
- Taman Jasa
- Kampung Nakhoda
- Taman Pinggiran Batu Caves
- Taman Industri Bolton
- Kampung Indian Settlement
- Taman Amaniah
- Taman Batu Caves
- Taman Selasih
- Taman Samudera
- Taman Desa Bakti
- Taman Desa Minang
- Taman Ehsan
- Taman Koperasi Polis
- Astana Gemilang
- Perkampungan Melayu Seri Gombak
- Taman Selayang
- Taman Seri Selayang
- Kampung Melayu
- Kampung Baru Batu Caves
- Kampung Laksamana
- Kampung Lalat
- Kampung Datuk Karim
Places of Worships
- Batu Caves temple
- Al-Amaniah Mosque
- Surau Al-Kahfi
- Surau Al-Ubudiah
- Masjid Al-Khairiyah
- Surau Al-Ikhwan
The housing boom in the town has led more residents to move into the town and led to the need for more new schools.
- Tadika Setia Kasih
- Tadika Disney
- Tadika Islam Sayidina Abu-Bakar As-Siddiq
- 3Q MRC Junior Taman Sri Gombak
- Tabika Kemas Perkampungan Melayu
- Tabika Kemas Taman Seri Gombak
Currently, there are only six primary schools in the town.
- Sekolah Kebangsaan Taman Seri Gombak
- Sekolah Kebangsaan Taman Seri Gombak 2
- Sekolah Jenis Kebangsaan (Tamil) Batu Caves
- Sekolah Rendah Kebangsaan Taman Selayang (1)
- Sekolah Rendah Kebangsaan Taman Selayang (2)
- Sekolah Rendah Islam Saidina Abu Bakar As-Siddiq
Several new business centre have opened at the town heart and have raises the overall land-value. The development of the new-mosque have boost the land-value of the surrounding area at Taman Sri Gombak near the Tasik Taman Seri Gombak besides simplify the citizens and students to go to mosque for pray.
The main rail station serving Batu Caves is the KC05 Batu Caves Komuter station, opened in 2010 as part of the refurbishment of the Sentul-Batu Caves branch line.
rapidKL and Selangor Omnibus buses serve this town.
Batu Caves is part of the Gombak parliamentary constituency, currently represented by Azmin Ali of the PKR, who is also the current Menteri Besar of Selangor. Batu Caves also forms its own constituency in the Selangor State Legislative Assembly, currently represented by Amirudin Shari, also from PKR.