Map of Masbate with Batuan highlighted
|Region||Bicol (Region V)|
|• Mayor||Charlie D. Yuson III|
|• Total||56.28 km2 (21.73 sq mi)|
|• Density||240/km2 (630/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
Batuan is a fifth class municipality in the province of Masbate, Philippines. It is located at the southern point of Ticao Island. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 13,764 people. It is the smallest municipality in Masbate, both in land area and population.
The municipality is home to the Bongsanglay Natural Park.
- Costa Rica
|Population census of Batuan|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Archived from the original on 25 January 2013. Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- "Province: MASBATE". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 November 2012. Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- "An Act Creating the Municipality of Batuan in the Province of Masbate". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-09.
- "Province of Masbate". Municipality Population Data. LWUA Research Division. Retrieved 23 July 2013.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|Mobo / Masbate Pass||Samar Sea / San Vicente, Northern Samar|
|This article about a location in Bicol Region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|