Batumi International Airport
|Alexander Kartveli Batumi International Airport
ბათუმის ალექსანდრე ქართველის სახელობის საერთაშორისო აეროპორტი
|Operator||TAV Airports Holding|
|Elevation AMSL||105 ft / 32 m|
Alexander Kartveli Batumi International Airport (IATA: BUS, ICAO: UGSB) is an airport located 2 km (1.2 mi) south of Batumi, a city on the Black Sea coast and capital of Adjara, an autonomous republic in southwest Georgia. The airport is 20 km (12 mi) northeast of Hopa, Turkey, and serves as a domestic and international airport for Georgia and northeastern Turkey.
Batumi is one of three international airports in operation in Georgia (along with Tbilisi International Airport serving Georgian capital and David the Builder International Airport in Georgia's second largest city Kutaisi). The new airport terminal has been in operation since 26 May 2007. With a total area of 4,256 square metres (45,810 sq ft), it is capable of handling 600,000 passengers a year.
Batumi International Airport has noted a significant growth in the number of passengers since its renovation carried out by TAV Airports Holding in 2007. In 2011, the airport handled 134,000 passengers, an increase of 51% over the previous year.
Airlines and destinations
|Air Arabia||Seasonal: Sharjah|
|ATA Airlines||Tehran-Imam Khomeini|
|Bravo Airways||Seasonal: Kiev-Zhuliany (begins 17 June 2017, ends 2 September 2017)|
|Dniproavia||Seasonal: Dnipro (resumes 6 May 2017)|
|flydubai||Seasonal: Dubai-International (begins 22 June 2017)|
|Nordavia||Saint Petersburg (begins in June 2017)|
|SCAT Airlines||Seasonal: Aktau (resumes 2 June 2017)|
operated by El Al
|Tel Aviv-Ben Gurion (resumes 26 March 2017)|
|Ukraine International Airlines||Seasonal: Zaporizhia (begins 22 June 2017)|
|Ural Airlines||Seasonal: Moscow-Domodedovo, St Petersburg, Yekaterinburg|
|Yanair||Seasonal: Kiev-Zhuliany, Odessa|
|Year||Total passengers||Change from previous year|
According to Department of Tourism the amount of 11792 visitors at Batumi International Airport in September 2015 were of foreign origin, which is 54% more comparing to the previous year.
- Airport information for UGSB from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
- Airport information for BUS at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- Batumi airport named after Alexander Kartveli Government of Georgia
- batumiairport.com – Airport profile (p.11)[permanent dead link]
- batumiairport.com – Airport profile (p.15)[permanent dead link]
- "Air Arabia Adds Batumi Seasonal Flights July – Sep 2016". airlineroute. Retrieved 17 March 2016.
- "Schedule — Dniproavia airlines". Dniproavia airlines. Retrieved 2 March 2017.
- "Flydubai to connect Batumi and Dubai this summer". agenda.ge. 10 February 2017. Retrieved 10 February 2017.
- "S7 Flight Schedule". s7.ru. S7 Airlines. Retrieved 26 September 2014.
- Liu, Jim (25 January 2017). "Sun d'Or plans new routes in S17". Routesonline. Retrieved 25 January 2017.
- "З "Жулян" у Грузію додадуть нові рейси". Українська правда. Iнтерфакс-Україна. 27 April 2015. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- "YANAIR ВИКОНУВАТИМЕ ПРЯМІ РЕЙСИ З ОДЕСИ В ТБІЛІСІ І БАТУМІ". ТОВ «Міжнародний Аеропорт Одеса». Retrieved 26 January 2017.
- "Flight Schedule and Statistics - Kutaisi David the Builder International Airport". gcaa.ge/. Civil Aviation Agency of Georgia. Retrieved 9 January 2017.