Baughman Township, Wayne County, Ohio
|Baughman Township, Wayne County, Ohio|
Location of Baughman Township in Wayne County
|• Total||36.3 sq mi (94.0 km2)|
|• Land||36.2 sq mi (93.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||1,079 ft (329 m)|
|• Density||129.8/sq mi (50.1/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087148|
Baughman Township is one of the sixteen townships of Wayne County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 4,699 people in the township, 2,873 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the eastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Chippewa Township - north
- Lawrence Township, Stark County - east
- Tuscarawas Township, Stark County - southeast
- Sugar Creek Township - south
- East Union Township - southwest corner
- Green Township - west
- Milton Township - northwest corner
Name and history
It is the only Baughman Township nationwide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Wayne County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.