Bauyrzhan Alimuly Mukhamedzhanov Kazakh: Мұхаметжанов, Бауыржан Әлімұлы (born 1960) served as the Interior Minister in the Government of Kazakhstan. Following other political posts he was appointed Akim (Governor) of the Mangystau Region
Minister Mukhamedzhanov announced on 20 February 2006 that six suspects had been arrested for kidnapping and murdering Altynbek Sarsenbayev, the then co-chairman of the Naghyz Ak Zhol opposition political party and former Information Minister, after the suspects confessed. Mukhamedjanov referred to Sarsenbayev as a "businessman" and said the criminal who masterminded the attack on Sarsebayev paid contract killers $25,000. He provided preliminary findings of the events that led up to Sarsenbayev's murder, as believed by the government, which he said provided a "clear picture" of the assassination, on 27 February to journalists in Astana.
- Kazakhstan: A Shaken System
- Kazakhstan: Authorities Insist Personal Enmity Behind Sarsenbaev's Murder
- Kazakhstan: Opposition Blames Regime For Sarsenbaev's Death
- Kazakh Group Urges Wider Probe Of Sarsenbaev Killing
- Criminogenic situation in Kazakhstan is stable: Minister of Internal Affairs
|This Kazakhstani biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|