Minister Mukhamedzhanov announced on 20 February 2006 that six suspects had been arrested for kidnapping and murdering Altynbek Sarsenbayev, the then co-chairman of the Naghyz Ak Zhol opposition political party and former Information Minister, after the suspects confessed. Mukhamedjanov referred to Sarsenbayev as a "businessman" and said the criminal who masterminded the attack on Sarsebayev paid contract killers $25,000. He provided preliminary findings of the events that led up to Sarsenbayev's murder, as believed by the government, which he said provided a "clear picture" of the assassination, on 27 February to journalists in Astana.
- Kazakhstan: A Shaken System
- Kazakhstan: Authorities Insist Personal Enmity Behind Sarsenbaev's Murder
- Kazakhstan: Opposition Blames Regime For Sarsenbaev's Death
- Kazakh Group Urges Wider Probe Of Sarsenbaev Killing
- Criminogenic situation in Kazakhstan is stable: Minister of Internal Affairs
|This Kazakhstani biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|